cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sidecar labels gone

arosenaugfmhm
Level 1
Level 1

We have a 7965 phone with 2 sidecars, all of a sudden today the text labels for the lines have gone missing. The indicator light still lights up showing the line as in use and you can use the buttons if you know what number is assigned to it. However the text line labels are gone and the 1st page/2nd page button at the bottom of the cars does not work. Resetting the phone fixes the issue for a while, resetting the sidecars does not. Any ideas? There have been no changes to anything and it used to work flawlessly. This is happening on both of the side cars as well.

Thanks

9 Replies 9

keithknowles
Level 1
Level 1

Have you attempted a factory reset of the phone?

I just did the factory reset. Only time will tell if it fixed it. The issue just started happening today and happened 3 times, so I should know by the end of today or sometime tomorrow if that solved the isssue.

Unfortunently the factory reset did not work

Power cycle just the sidecar.   Does anything show on the display as it powers up?

Afmmanicke, the only thing that displays is the normal Cisco logo as it boots up.

I hate to say upgrade, but with a sidecar, it isn't so bad.  Also, you should make sure that you are running the load tested with the phone load you are running.

Steven,

I guess I'm confused as to what you mean when you just say upgrade? My version details are below.

CallManager-8.0.3.21900-8

Phone Firmware-SCCP45.9-1-1SR1S

The 7916s are already running B016-1-0-4 according to device defaults.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

You will want to check the Device Defaults page in CUCM to see what

firmware the 7915's are running

Firmware Upgrade Issues for the Cisco Unified IP Phone Expansion Module 7916 and 7915

Before you use the Cisco Unified IP Phone Expansion Module 7916 or Cisco Unified IP Phone Expansion Module 7915, you must load the expansion module with firmware release B016-1-0-4 before using the phone to support relevant 9.1(1)SR1 features on your expansion module.

The Cisco Unified IP Phones 7975G, 7965G, and 7962G support the Cisco Unified IP Phone Expansion Module 7915 and Cisco Unified IP Phone Expansion Module 7916. You can add a maximum of two expansion modules to these phones.

Firmware Installation Procedure for the Cisco Unified IP Phone Expansion Module 7916 and 7915

To download and install the firmware, follow these steps:

Procedure

Step 1 Go to the following URL:

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/pub/Redirect.x?mdfid=278875240

Step 2 Choose the IP Telephony folder by clicking +.

Step 3 Choose IP Phones > Cisco Unified IP Phones 7900 Series.

Step 4 Choose Cisco Unified IP Expansion Module 7916 or Cisco Unified IP Expansion Module 7915.

Step 5 Choose 1.0(4) under the Latest Releases folder.

Step 6 To download the SIP firmware for the Cisco Unified IP Phone, click the Download Now or Add to cart button and follow the prompts:

For Cisco Unified CallManager 4.3 and 4.2 (SCCP firmware files only):

cmterm-7915.1-0-4.zip

cmterm-7916.1-0-4.zip

For Cisco Unified Communications Manager 5.1 and later:

cmterm-7915.1-0-4.cop.sgn

cmterm-7916.1-0-4.cop.sgn

For Cisco Unified CallManager 4.3 and 4.2 (SCCP only):

cmterm-7915.1-0-4.exe

cmterm-7916.1-0-4.exe

Note If you added the firmware file to the cart, click the Download Cart link when you are ready to download the file.

Step 7 Click the + next to the firmware file name in the Download Cart section to access additional information about this file.The hyperlink for the Readme file is in the Additional Information section, which contains installation instructions for the corresponding firmware:

cmterm-7915_7916.1-0-4-readme.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/firmware/9_1_1/english/release/notes/7900_911.html#wp42707

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: