Views
Helpful
Replies

Silent Ringtone

TGettle0001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I need a ringtone that is silent. My office uses CUCM 6. I found one and uploaded it and created one and uploaded, but the phone gives a tftp write error when I try and play it. I modified the ringlist.xml and it gives me the option to select it, but when I do it gives me that error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Terry

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi terry,

Did you do this last step?

To cache the new Ringlist.xml file, stop and start the TFTP service by using Cisco Unified Serviceability

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmfeat/fsrings.html#wp1020835

Cheers!

Rob

Rob,

I did perform that step as well, sorry I did not put that in the original post. I did just get it going though.

What I found was that after I uploaded the file that downloaded it would not work. I then made my own went in the system and deleted the first one and uploaded the new one and restarted the tftp services, and it still did not work. I thought I would just check my work and make sure it was ok and downloaded the file from the tftp server and opened it and found that it was still the first one. This time I stopped the tftp services first, deleted the bad file, uploaded the good file, and then restarted the tftp services. When I did that the new file was there and was working fine.

Thanks for the response.

Terry

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Terry,

Great work my friend

"Silence is Golden"

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: