cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Simple site-to-site VoIP dial-peers / H.323 Calls not routing - Diagram included

RalphSmithIII
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to figure out why a simple site setup won't route or progress call's correctly.  This is an issue I've never experienced before so I'm a bit stumped as to why it's not working.  I feel as if I've debugged everything I can but can't see the overall "why" its not working.

If you look at the topolgy, I have a CIPC registered to both the HQ and BR routers running CME.  The WAN router is used to connect the sites and I have IP connectivity between both sites and can ping each routers loopback interface.  I have both bind voip and srcaddr commands on each loopback and voip dialpeers configured to reach the other site.

H323 NO WORK.jpg

I may be missing something on the WAN router but it should route the calls to the remote loopback via H.323 without any additional configuration (it is setup as a CUBE router.

When I debug H.245 events I get the following output from the HQ router:

POD1_CME#

Mar  5 17:06:00.876: Changing to new event: CONNECT

h323chan_chn_connect: connecting to 10.22.20.1:1720

Mar  5 17:06:00.876: h323chan_gw_conn: Created socket fd=3

Mar  5 17:06:00.876: h323chan_gw_conn: connect in progress on fd=3h323chan_chn_connect: using fd=3, owner_data(ccb) 0x460952F4

changing from NONE state to CONNECTING state

10.22.20.1 is the loopback of the BR router which has the correct bind commands configured for H.323.  I can telnet to 10.22.20.1 1720 as well.

I'm not seeing any activity inbound on the BR router when this call is dialed from the HQ router, although I can ping/telnet to it.

Failover to the PRI located on each router works however.

Any suggestions?

3 Replies 3

RalphSmithIII
Level 1
Level 1

Edit: The loopback in the picture should be listed as 10.22.20.1 NOT 10.22.10.1  Was a type before I posted.

Please post configs from both sides and the numbers you are dialing. Can you ping across sourcing from the loopback?

Chris

Thanks Chris!

Let's not talk about how I was originally running EIGRP but changed over to OSPF and forgot to advertise my loopback interfaces. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: