cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Single-button barge on 8851

james.buchanan1
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running CUCM 11.5 and firmware 12.0 on a set of Cisco 8851 phones. Barge works great, and cBarge works great. However, no matter what I do, I can't get single button barge to work. Any ideas would be great.

8 Replies 8

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Could you check this, 

To enable single button barge for all users, set the single button barge/cBarge Policy to barge. If this parameter is set to Off, configure single button barge for each phone by setting the Single
Button Barge field in Phone Configuration

Also I found a bug affecting 8851 while using 12.0 firmware for barge feature

Unable to barge while ringing on 88XX phones
CSCvg21291

Description
Symptom:
When an outbound call is made and while ringing 88XX phone wants to barge, the barge key is grayed out.

The barge key is active when the call is connected and the user is able to successfully barge but while ringing barge key remains grayed out and user fails to barge.

Conditions:
barge while ringing fails

Workaround:
NA

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

All of that had already been configured. There is nothing to configure on the phone configuration page except the Built-in bridge, which is globally enabled in the Service Parameters. We aren’t trying to barge while ringing so that bug wouldn’t seem to apply.

Ok, then its worth try changing the firmware on one phone and test

Hope this Helps
Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

james.buchanan1
Level 1
Level 1

Just bumping this...anyone have any ideas? Upgrading firmware didn't help.

What exactly is the behavior ? When call is running on a shared line and then you press the line button on the 8851, what happens ?  

It gives dial tone and the "Barge" softkey. When I press the "Barge" softkey, it barges. However, none of this is Single Button Barge.

It seems like Single Button Barge Feature is not supported on 8851 Phone.

You can cross check that  in CUCM unified reporting page. [ as below ] 

Unified reporting --> Unified CM Phone feature List -->Generate new report --> Select phone as 8851 and Feature as Single button barge . You wont see that mentioned in the List features table. But if you select some other model phone , say, 7965 or 7941 , you would see that feature in the list.

Hope that helps.

Yes, I checked that too. I had hoped it was wrong.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: