cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIngle Number Reach Issue with new 9.1 cluster on E-164 Dial-plan.

Aaron Denny
Level 1
Level 1

I have SNR configured as I always have done it. This particular system works fine with SNR as long as the caller is external from PSTN. If an internal IP phone user dials another IP phone user that is SNR enabled, the remote destination doesn't ring.

DNs are all E-164 with four digit dialing (last four of DID) within a site and ten digit dial-plan across sites (full DID minus +1). User A calls User B, both are in the same site. 1001 dials 2002. Translation Pattern converts the number from 2002 to +12125552002, which is the DN on the phone. The remote destination associated with User B never rings. It'll work fine if user B gets a call from external PSTN.

Are all the Translations involved with E-164 killing the external phone mask somehow of the calling party so that call to the mobile device can never go out? It's the only logical thing I can think of.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

Aaron Denny
Level 1
Level 1

I figured out the issue. There is an intercluster trunk between new system and old that was causing a problem with the shortened four digit and ten digit dialing. Taking that out of the picture fixed it. The ICT is only temporary during a migration.

Nathan Compton
Level 4
Level 4

If the Calling Party Number is causing the call to not go through, it is most likely through the carrier.  I would start with a PSTN debug on the voice gateway the call is going out of.  For T1s and SIP circuits, the error message you get will usually give you a sign that the calling party number is the problem.  At the same time, you can check whether the call is making it to the voice gateway.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: