Views
Helpful
Replies

Single Number Reach / Mobile Connect Question

joshua.gertig
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I've been asked to research whether or not there is a way to truly make the IP Desk Phone and Remote Destination (cell phone) truly ring at the same time. Currently we have the Answer too soon timer set to only 5ms, but there is still the natural delay of the CUCM having to send the call out to the PSTN and then obviously the cell network finding the cell phone. Right now, if I dial my extension I hear about 2 rings before my cell phone begins to ring. Is there any way around this, like injecting some sort of pause before the IP Phone rings while CUCM rings out to the cell phone?

Thanks,

Josh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Josh,

This is impossible as there are couple of major factors:

1. Telco delay - even if you make your delay timer 0, the call needs to be sent out to the trunk and delivered to PSTN this takes couple of seconds on PRI for example

2. Cell provider delay - once the call is routed in PSTN to cellular provider there is a delay before the call is actually delivered to the cell phone, this varies based on where the call phone owner is.

You cannot inject a pause in CUCM as the remote destination profile and the IP phone need to share the DN.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Josh,

This is impossible as there are couple of major factors:

1. Telco delay - even if you make your delay timer 0, the call needs to be sent out to the trunk and delivered to PSTN this takes couple of seconds on PRI for example

2. Cell provider delay - once the call is routed in PSTN to cellular provider there is a delay before the call is actually delivered to the cell phone, this varies based on where the call phone owner is.

You cannot inject a pause in CUCM as the remote destination profile and the IP phone need to share the DN.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks as always Chris I suspected this would be the answer.