Views
Helpful
Replies

Single Number Reach / Mobility: Disable resume on ip-phone

r.rung
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Support Community,

i have a new cucm installation with all the great features turned on (cucm 11.5(1)SU3, Apple Push Notification enabled, Expressway MRA configured, Jabber for iPhone configured with Mobile Identity).

Now lets say the iPhone has no really good Internet Connection and CUCM dials the iPhone cell phone number because the wake up of the Jabber App did not work.

The default behavior when the user on the iPhone side hangs up is that the caller gets music on hold so that the call can be resumed from an IP-Phone / Jabber App.

Can i disable this somehow?  i searched for a timer in the service parameters, but can't find one.

the customer is not happy about that behavior because it is not the normal call ending for the callers.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That setting is PER USER, you find it in the user page

Maximum Wait Time for Desk Pickup

Enter the maximum time in milliseconds that is permitted to pass before the user must pick up a call that is transferred from the mobile phone to desktop phone.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

To my knowledge, there is no timer for the resume feature. If SNR is on, this feature is on. Most of the time both parties hang up at the same time, so the other end would not hear MOH. If they want to be sure this does not happen, wait a few seconds and give the other party time to hang up before you disconnect the call. Not a technical solution, but may accomplish the goal.

Brandon

Hello Brandon,

thanks for your answer.

i tried to Keep the question easy so i did not mention that also one of the top reasons why the customer does not want the resume Feature is: if the iPhone User looses Network connectivity to the celluar Network the caller also gets moh and there is no way to get him back because the iPhone user is not in Office.

but thanks for this good not technical idea which might fit in other situations.

That setting is PER USER, you find it in the user page

Maximum Wait Time for Desk Pickup

Enter the maximum time in milliseconds that is permitted to pass before the user must pick up a call that is transferred from the mobile phone to desktop phone.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Nice info, Jaime.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: