Views
Helpful
Replies

Single user - Jabber can receive external calls but cannot call externally

JKranz88
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've got a single user right now that is having issues connecting external calls from Jabber but they very regularly receive external calls without issue.

The user is running Jabber version 12.9.2 but they were previously on 12.8.0 and still experiencing this issue. We are running CUCM 11.5

You dial 9 and then the number, it looks like it is beginning to try to call and before you hear anything it just cuts and drops. Internal and inbound external calling is working fine. User has had this experience both within the office and when connected via VPN.

I had one user previously experience this, no major changes to their Jabber profile were made but randomly after applying configuration for the hundredth time it just began to work.

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JKranz88
Level 1
Level 1

It was effected by a bug in CUCM 11.5 where the calling search space info thinks it was restricted on that device (not the DN) from calling external numbers even though that CSS allows it. Once I changed it to something else and then back again it began working immediately.

Definitely one of the weirder ones I've found for Jabber.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What does the debugs from the GW show for that call?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

JKranz88
Level 1
Level 1

It was effected by a bug in CUCM 11.5 where the calling search space info thinks it was restricted on that device (not the DN) from calling external numbers even though that CSS allows it. Once I changed it to something else and then back again it began working immediately.

Definitely one of the weirder ones I've found for Jabber.

I had this exact issue with a user.  I changed it to something else, saved it, and changed it back like the answer and it worked!  Thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: