Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP 7821 - wrong date and time on some phones

Hello,
I have problem with date and time on some phones. Most of them displaying the time and date correctly, but some not.
All phones are SIP 7821 with this same software version. I have configured NTP server on router and under 'voice register global'.
Factory reset does not work on these phones. All phones register normaly, only issue is the wrong date/time.
I've tried to change and/or delete NTP server and timezones on router and under 'voice register global' (and every time i do 'create profile').
Any ideas?

PS. Sorry for my english. :)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I've done it before. No results. 

The most basic thing solved my problem. I did software upgrade and everything's fine. Case closed.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

LucaPassoni3381
Level 1
Level 1

To solve the problem I applied the procedure suggested by CISCO to reset the phone. Once done, phones were showing the correct date and time.

Below is the procedure suggested:

Step 1

Unplug the phone:

If using PoE, unplug the LAN cable.

If using the power cube, unplug the power cube.

Step 2

Wait 5 seconds.

Step 3

Press and hold # and plug the phone back in.

Step 4

When the phone boots up, the headset button, the speaker button, and the mute button light up. When the light on the Mute button turns off, press 123456789*0# in sequence.

When you press 1, the lights on the headset button turns off. The light on the Select button flashes when a button is pressed.

After you press these buttons, the phone goes through the factory reset process.

If you press the buttons out of sequence, the phone powers on normally.

Caution  

Do not power down the phone until it completes the factory reset process, and the main screen appears.

I've done it before. No results. 

The most basic thing solved my problem. I did software upgrade and everything's fine. Case closed.

OK, thanks for letting me know.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: