cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sip account integration in CUCM config via CUBE

EDDY MULDER
Level 1
Level 1

Perhaps it has been asked before, but i cant find the correct answer right now.

I have a sip account which uses authentication.An E164. Nr is associated with this so i can call-in and call out using the sip provider.

As far as i know (until CUCM 8.6) direct usage of this kind of sip connections is not possible without using CUBE.

I am successfull doing this using Call Manager Express, but dont see a way how i can integrate the incoming call into CUCM.

How do i setup the router correctly to forward the incoming call to the CUCM and make it possible for the CUCM to make external calls

7 Replies 7

In the CUBE you would need to setup VoIP dial peers, either SIP or H.323, that send the call to CUCM. In CUCM you setup the CUBE as either a SIP trunk or an H.323 GW. I would recommend you to use SIP, so you have a cleaner setup that will be a lot easier to troubleshoot than a mixed protocol setup. The you route the calls from CUCM to CUBE with RP/RL/RG, ie as used in any other call routing off cluster scenario.

Please remember to rate all useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

I am totally new to Cube, so i am trying to find the correct information how i need to setup cube to get it working.

Currently reading all the documents available in regards of cube, but as it is the first time for me i have to use it its not as easy as i thought it would be.

One of the best resources I can recomend is the. Gateways and gatekeepers book the IPtoIP gateway section, although SIP was not standard back then, it would help you get a good grasp of all major configs.

Cheers

If you have setup any VGW with POTS connection to PSTN, like E1/T1, BRI, FXO, you know the basic to setup a CUBE. It's not a magical device, it only allows two VoIP call legs to be routed to each other. A "normal" VGW would route to/from POTS and VoIP call legs.

Some basic information can be found at this link, http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5640/products_configuration_example09186a00808ead0f.shtml

But there are tons of documentation out there, just a matter of a simple search in your favorite search engine :)

Please remember to rate all useful posts.

Response Signature

The issue i am facing at the moment, to be able to dialin to the SIP-DN i have to setup a fake ephone-dn otherwise when i do a show sip-us register status, i dont see the dn to be registered and when i call the DN i am not able to connect.

The sip provider i use (like voip stunt / voip-buster) seems to need a ephone-dn to be created.

When i do this it never hits the cucm.

Perhaps i do something really silly mistake which i overlook.

You can change the way IOS selects the prefered dial peer with this command dial-peer hunt.

See more at this URL, http://cciev.wordpress.com/2006/05/29/dial-peer-hunting-choices/

Also change the max-dn line to add a higher preference on the ephone-dn virtual dial peer than used on the dial peer that point to CUCM. That is done by adding preference after max-dn, for example max-dn 90 preference 3

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Response Signature

If your CUBE router has IOS 12.4(24)T or later you can use the credentials command under sip-ua to generate a REGISTER using an E.164 number. No need for an ephone-dn or a pots dial-peer.

HTH

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: