cancel
Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Participant

SIP and H323 Dialpeers on same Gateway?

I have an ISDN PRI on a 2911, H323 connectivity to Call Manager.  I also have a RightFax server using the DID's from the PRI for faxing.  The way it works currently:

DID's 1XXX have an H323 dialpeer to UCM IP address.

DID's 2XXX have an H323 dialpeer to RightFax.

We are replacing the PRI with a service provider SIP offering.  My plan for the 1XXX range is Service Provider>SIP>Gateway>SIP>UCM.  I do not believe my RightFax card supports SIP, so curious if I can still use the H323 dialpeer for these fax calls?  Are there any caveats or performance issues if so?  I know I need to allow H323 to SIP on the telephony service.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Collaborator

The default voip protocol on Cisco routers is H323, but you can declare the global default to be SIP instead. Regardless, voip protocol can be declared on a dial-peer by dial-peer basis with the "session protocol sipv2/h323" command.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Yes, you can have H.323 and SIP dial peers on the same gateway.

Brandon

Highlighted

Just FYI, rightfax support SIP depending on the rightfax version you are running. Might be worth considering migrating to SIP for rightfax as well.

Please rate all useful posts
Highlighted
Collaborator

The default voip protocol on Cisco routers is H323, but you can declare the global default to be SIP instead. Regardless, voip protocol can be declared on a dial-peer by dial-peer basis with the "session protocol sipv2/h323" command.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advisor

yes you can but its best to avoid it if you can. because sometime interoperability between the two protocols leave a lot to be desired

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Content for Community-Ad