Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Auto Registration Version 10.5

This is a new BE6K Version 10.5 and I note that I can NOT auto register a SIP phone.    The only way I can make it work is add the Device manually and assign a DN to it.   Kind of defeats having auto registration and self provisioning?   Anybody else find a way to make this work? What determines if a phone will register SCCP or SIP?  The phone model?  Though a phone can be re flashed, I assume if you have a SCCP phone it will try to register that way?

9 Replies 9

Aseem Anand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Default protocol is defined under enterprise parameters.

System >>>> enterprise parameters >>>> protocol for auto registration 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmcfg/bccm-712-cm/b02autor.html

Aseem

(Please rate if useful )

Thansk Aseem, I did know this but I am wondering how you get SIP phones to auto register?  Seems like a real pain to have to add the device manually?  The phones will not register without a DN and that makes it mostly a manual process.  When you are bringing up hundreds of phones, that Auto registration and self provisioning is really kool.

Hi,

What all phone models have you tried? Have you tried a model which is purely SIP and does not support SCCP to check if it works?

Note: if a phone has a skinny firmware installed as a factory load then it will not register as SIP. You will have it to first register it, upgrade it to a SIP firmware and then auto register it.

Another thing to add, when change the enterprise parameters for the default protocol to SIP it requires a reboot of the cluster to take effect. 

Aseem

Autoregistration with Multiple Protocol Support

Autoregistration means that unknown phones will be coming into the network. Because the phones are unknown, Cisco Unified Communications Manager does not know whether the new phones should be registered as phones that are running SIP or as phones that are running SCCP; therefore, the system administrator uses Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration to specify the default protocol that new phones should use for autoregistration.

Cisco devices that support both SIP and SCCP (Cisco Unified IP Phone 7905, 7911, 7912, 7940, 7941, 7960, 7961, 7970, and 7971) will auto register with the protocol that is specified in the Auto Registration Phone Protocol Enterprise Parameter. Cisco devices that only support a single protocol will auto register with that protocol regardless of the Auto Registration Phone Protocol setting. For example, the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7902 only supports SCCP. If a Cisco Unified IP Phone 7902 auto registers, it will use the SCCP regardless of whether the Auto Registration Phone Protocol is set to SIP.

Note

To ensure that autoregistration works correctly, ensure the Device Defaults Configuration window specifies the correct phone image names for SIP and SCCP.

To deploy phones in a mixed-protocol environment, you must perform additional steps when autoregistering a new mixed batch of phones. The first step requires that the administrator set the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Auto Registration Phone Protocol parameter in the Enterprise Parameters Configuration window to SCCP and install all the phones that are running SCCP. The second step requires that the administrator change the Auto Registration Phone Protocol parameter to SIP and autoregister all the phones that are running SIP.

I am having similar issue with auto registering 7821 and 8841 phone. I have changed enterprise parameter set to SIP. Still have issue with auto registration. I want to leverage self provisioning feature to configure phone. on Self Provisioning IVR screen I am getting status message auto-registration feature is turned off. I have enabled feature at CUCM server and CUCM group.

Any clue to resolved this issue.

Can you post a screenshot of your unified CM where you enabled auto-reg?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Cisco Unified CM Configuration

Auto-registration Information
Required Field
Required Field
Required Field
Required Field
Next Auto-Registartion number to be used: 1001
Note: Ensure there are unused Directory Numbers within the configured range.
Cisco Unified Communications Manager TCP Port Settings for this Server
Required Field
Required Field
Required Field
Required Field
Required Field

I have Self IVR provisioning service enable on Publisher. I have Call manager and CTI service running on subscriber. I am not using publisher for auto registration. 

I had to restart TFTP to cache the updated default XML config file on version 11.5 to get auto-reg to work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: