Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Jay Schulze
Beginner

SIP Calls Drop. Receive Bye From Cube 15min,30min, 45min

Hello,

Running into an odd issue. I've seen several others having this problem with calls dropping after 15min duration. But this is a bit different. Sometimes long duration calls drop at 15min. Some at 30min, others at 45min. And sometimes not at all. Call flow is such.

8831-sip--CUCM--sip--Cube--ITSP

I'm convinced this is likely a problem with the refresh timer. But I can't explain why it wouldn't just fail only at 15min. It's also interesting to note I've only seen this on the 8831. I tried getting the issue with debugs from the cube but of course it didn't happen once I turned on ccsip message.

From the callmanager traces I see the bye arrive from cube with Reason Q.850 cause=102. 

The CUCM version is 9.1.2  and cube is 15.2(4)M1. I did see some odd defect in 15.1 related to this where the refresh on the cube would send out 3 invites to the ITSP on an update. I guess it would have only 33% chance of getting it right. Any help someone could provide I'd appreciate it.

17 REPLIES 17
manpreetsingh46
Beginner

increase the  service parameter "SIP min sc timer "

I don't see SIP min sc timer. But I do see 'SIP Min-SE Timer' which I believe you are referring to. Right now it is set to 1800.

You don't want to mess with those timers if not necessary.  They're global and can have some abnormal effects in some environments.

Create
Recognize Your Peers
Content for Community-Ad