Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Header "From Field" CME

Paul Dicine
Level 1
Level 1

Team,

I have a customer who has been on SIP for quite a while. Suddenly when they call out the caller ID received no longer says "CompanyX" it now says the name that is on the individual IP phone. So forinstance it used to say "Company X" on caller ID. If i went into the confernce room and dialed out from there the caller ID would come up as "Conference room" not "Company X" I took a packet capture of the sip header and here is the snip

so the caller ID on My cell phone came up as John Smith on that call.

My question is, how do I set the From field in the SIP header to always say "Company X"?

Any help is appreciated

Paul

21 Replies 21

Paul, its a shame I was expecting some good news...I wrote this at about 4am today in a hotel in Brussels. I had to go down to the lobby in my PJ because my laptop was dead and I dint have an adapter..

We will figure this out somehow...

Can you send me the debug when you have implemeted this profile

request INVITE sip-header From modify "From:(.*>).*" "From:\1Senior Care Dev"

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Thank you for your efforts here they are truly appreciated!

They are in production now so I will have to wait until they close tonight. They are in EST -5 EDT.

I will post the SIP messages then.

Thanks

Paul

Hi Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I appreciate your help. Currently I have in place the following:

voice class sip-profiles 10

request INVITE sip-header From modify "Terri Bernardi" "Senior Care Dev"

request INVITE sip-header From modify "David Reis" "Senior Care Dev"

request INVITE sip-header From modify "Colleen Gleeson" "Senior Care Dev"

request INVITE sip-header From modify "Sue Lecza" "Senior Care Dev"

request INVITE sip-header From modify "Denise deFiebre" "Senior Care Dev"

request INVITE sip-header From modify "Brett Mehlman" "Senior Care Dev"

This is working. Trying to match on wildcards of any kind gives the 503 error in the header and no call takes place.

I have worked with the SIP provider to make sure CNAM is enabled on the national network, This could take several days but they said once the call is switched to the PSTN it will do a dip and the Caller ID should be "Senior Care Dev" at that point. This would fix my issue but not answer the question

Thanks

Paul

Paul,

Ok. I will work on some stuffs and create profiles to replicate your environment. Once I find an answer I will let you know.

Dont forget to rate any useful or helpful posts though!

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Paul,

After hours of looking into this, i came up with this profile. I tested it and it worked!

voice class sip-profiles 10

request INVITE sip-header From modify "From: (.*<)(.*>)" "From: \"Senior Care Dev\""

Give this a try...and give me some good news

Paul

Did you get to try this..We had a similar issue on the forum with another user and this config resolved it..thanks to the work I did on yours...

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3877588#3877588

Hi,

I am sorry I thought I updated this the other night. I guess it didn't post.

Right after trying this, I get a malformed SIP header message and the call fails. I am still doing this on an individual basis. I see the similar post you mention and that is on a 29xx router. I am on a UC560... Different code....Perhaps a bug? I am happy to try this again tonight. I will post the debugs for you.

Paul