Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP incoming calls called number not correct

corycandia
Level 1
Level 1

Experts,

I am experiencing an issue with incoming SIP calls that me and Google can't resolve.

I have SIP service setup to have one incoming number XXX-660-5634.  Using a translation rule just for testing, I've removed the area code from the number and created a parellel hunt-group with this as it's pilot.

When calls come in, they randomly come in using other dial-peers as the called number.

Example (debug ccsip calls):

Jan 18 22:02:19.251: //13116/9D66B0448800/SIP/Call/sipSPICallInfo:
The Call Setup Information is:
Call Control Block (CCB) : 0x4B780EC0
State of The Call : STATE_DEAD
TCP Sockets Used : NO
Calling Number : XXX-6605015 <--------(**This number is not associated with the SIP service, or anything else, it's a cell phone)
Called Number : 104  <-----------(**This is one of my extensions, the translation rule should make this 660-5634
Source IP Address (Sig ): 192.168.3.1
Destn SIP Req Addr:Port : 162.243.210.200:5060
Destn SIP Resp Addr:Port : 162.243.210.200:5060
Destination Name : 162.243.210.200

What gives?  It randomly chooses dial peers, sometimes the called number is my 9911 dial-peer, sometimes it's a dial-peer with the incoming line from a POTS line.  I can't figure out what it's doing that.

6 Replies 6

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you add a debug ccsip message output of a 'failed' call to this port so we can see what the INVITE from google contains?

cheers

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Thanks for taking an interest.

I have attached the output during an incoming call.  I have tried looking at the output from messages, but I don't have the experience to interpret the output.

I see that the 'to:' specifies one of the other numbers I have.  The 8109324 number is a POTS line.  It's one of the dial-peers that gets randomly selected when the SIP line '660-5634' gets a call.

I don't know how to determine why it's selecting these other numbers.

I have seen it said that when the CME doesn't have a matching rule, it uses rule 0 or selects one for you, but I thought I did the translation rule correct to say any number coming in from the SIP service, change it to 660-5634?

Any ideas?

the SIP invite shows a call for: XXX8109324 coming from your SIP provider

what needs to happen is that dial peer 2 needs to get hit:

dial-peer voice 2 voip
description INCOMING CALLS FROM GVGW
translation-profile incoming INCOMING-GVGW
session protocol sipv2
session target sip-server
incoming called-number .%
voice-class sip dtmf-relay force rtp-nte
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
codec g711ulaw

you would need to apply 

voice translation-profile INCOMING-GVGW
translate called 1 

to that dial peer 2 so that inbound calls get translated into 6605634 

you can use debug dial peer, whilst making a inbound test call to see if you are hitting the correct dial peer.

also take the % off of the incoming called-number .% statement.   I never use it

Please rate if useful

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

For some reason, debug dialpeer doesn't show any output when I have a call coming in.

I check that I already have the translation rule applied, at least I think.

I'm looking at the dial-peer:

dial-peer voice 2 voip
description INCOMING CALLS FROM GVGW
translation-profile incoming INCOMING-GVGW
session protocol sipv2
session target sip-server
incoming called-number .
voice-class sip dtmf-relay force rtp-nte
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
codec g711ulaw
no vad

Now looking at the translation profile and rule:

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 /.*/ /6605634/

voice translation-profile INCOMING-GVGW
translate called 1

I believe what you have recommended is already set.

I reviewed sip messages when a call is inbound and attached that.  It looks like the translation rule is still being ignored, so maybe I screwed that part up.  It's also weird that the called number is always a dial-peer entry.  The provider isn't trying to send the call to a particular end point right?

I included the output of sip-us register status, which I am still researching and trying to understand.

While reviewing Cisco's CME example config again, I noticed they added:

no-reg both

or

no-reg primary

to ephone-dns.  I wonder if that's what I'm screwing up?  They are registering on the service provider proxy and it's randomly choosing them instead of one main number for the DID (XXX-660-5634)?

I think I found this issue might be related and the cause of all my life's problems.  Being rookie in any subject sucks.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11337566/pots-dial-peer-trying-register-sip-registrar

I started adding no  sip-register to those dial-peers and they started disappearing from the results of show sip-ua register status

Then, there was nothing.  I added an ephone-dn with the number XXX6605634 and then that finally became the called number on the show ccsip calls.

I'm not sure why it doesn't show up as 660-5634 since the translation rule should be changing it.