Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Integeration between Cisco 2911 and Nortel CS1000 PABX

abbas.mirza81
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friends,

I would like to integerate SIP between Cisco 2911 Router and Nortel CS1000 and would appreciate if someone can help me on this. Below is the network set up details:

• SIP Circuit from the provider is terminated on Cisco Router 2911.
  • The internal interface of the Cisco 2911 is connected to the core switch.
  • The Nortel CS 1000 PABX is connected on the core switch.
  • The Nortel Phones are registered with the Nortel CS 1000 PABX.

The Call Flow is as follows:

Incoming Call Dailed from Mobile to Nortel Phone:

• Call arrives on the Cisco 2911, forwards it to the Nortel CS1000 and rings on the Nortel Phone.

Outgoing Call Dailed from Nortel Phone to Mobile:

• Call from Nortel Phone arrives on Nortel Phone, forwards it to the Cisco 2911 and reaches the provider SIP Cloud.

SIP.jpg

I would appreciate if someone can help me on this. Any documentation would be appreciated.

Regards,

Abbas Mirza

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Abbas,

Checkout the Configuration guides listed at following portal known as " Cisco Interoperability Portal "

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/ns340/ns414/ns728/networking_solutions_products_genericcontent0900aecd805bd0e4.html

Search for " Nortel " & you should find plenty of docs. The portal might not have the config guides for the latest version of Nortel CS but the procedure/logic should remain almost the same. e.g. This doc might be the most appropriate one for you, check out  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/collateral/ns340/ns414/ns728/ns835/684016.pdf

Hope it helps ?

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts by clicking on stars below the post !!

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Abbas,

Checkout the Configuration guides listed at following portal known as " Cisco Interoperability Portal "

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/ns340/ns414/ns728/networking_solutions_products_genericcontent0900aecd805bd0e4.html

Search for " Nortel " & you should find plenty of docs. The portal might not have the config guides for the latest version of Nortel CS but the procedure/logic should remain almost the same. e.g. This doc might be the most appropriate one for you, check out  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/collateral/ns340/ns414/ns728/ns835/684016.pdf

Hope it helps ?

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts by clicking on stars below the post !!

Hi Gajanan Pande,

I have configured the Nortel PABx and Cisco router with the document you had provided and i am able to get incoming calls on the Nortel Telephone set through the SIP circuit, although I am not able to make outgoing calls. I hope you can help me on this too. The document doesnt say much about the outgoing calls.

Regards,

Abbas Mirza

Abbas,

That is very much on Nortel side to enable outgoing calling. We guys would not know it, Sorry. If they also work on Partition/CSS mechanism then, I would ensure proper config on that part first.

Let's hope someone with Nortel knowledge on this forum would help you, else please approach Nortel or their similar forum if any for Nortel part of config.

GP.

CSCO11256353
Level 1
Level 1

install a FXO card on 2911 gateway.

Create an extension 600 for eample, on nortel gateway and connect it on FXO port of 2911.

create a dial-peer on 2911 to forward destination pattern of 5XXX to the FXO port.

when an incoming call will come on 2911 it will forward it on the FXO port as per he dial-peer.

HTH

How and what you have configured for outgoing calls @nortel side?

Have you used NRS for SIP integration?

When you say outgoing calls fail, what exactly happens? Can you see where exactly call is failing, i.e, the phone is hitting the SIP trunk at all or is it blocked @phone itself, you can see this in packet capture or CLI management (LD 80). If it is getting struck at phone then you can try raising phone's access right(give it UNR) or change NCOS level. If it is getting struck at trunk then try bypassing NRS SS.

Hi Kailash,

Yes i have configured the NRS for SIP integeration.

Regarding outgoing call failing, i am not getting the line itself. When i use the outgoing steering code suppose 76 to make outgoing call, i am not getting any dialtone. So i guess it is blocked at the phone itself.

Kailash, i am not an expert in Nortel so i would appreciate if you have any document related this or if there are any Nortel Forums please pass it on to me. This would help me much.

Regards,

Abbas Mirza

Hi Abbas,

you can try AVAYA support forums for assistance on nortel CS1K side.

If you are not getting dial tone, it doesn't mean that outgoing is blocked; it may also be the case that tone and cadence configuration is missing in CS1K side.

To  be sure that outgoing call is rejected; phone should display "RELEASE AND TRY AGAIN".

Regards,

Kailash

Hi Kailash,

This is what is appearing on the Nortel Phone.

So i guess the outgoing call is rejected from the Nortel System.

I will check some other parameters and see if things work.

Incase you find anything let me know.

Appreciate your support.

Regards,

Abbas Mirza

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: