Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP IP phones not able to register to H323 with SRST mode

Microcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Dears,

Actually i have two kind if IP phones CIPC work with SCCP protocol and C3905 work with SIP protocol the issue is that the SRST work with the SCCP phones and i can see the phones registered properly when the CUCM is down but the SIP IP phones not able to registered at all,

could you please share with me the configuration that is related to sip phones with H323 work as a SRST when the CUCM is down.

also i need to ask about license is there is license related to the router for supporting this feature ?

Thanks in advance :)

3 Replies 3

nathanjgrace
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ibrahim, 

Check http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cusrst/admin/sccp_sip_srst/configuration/guide/SCCP_and_SIP_SRST_Admin_Guide/srst_overview.html#10056

You need to do:

voice register global

mode srst

voice register pool 1

id network x.x.x.x mask y.y.y.y

voice-class codec 1

There is more you would need to do possibly- can you please provide your current config?

Thanks nathanjgrace for your fast resopnd :) 

actually im not able to do command mode srst what should i do before this command to make ot appeared ?

Hi Ibrahim, looks like some other guys on the threads have nailed it and you should be good.  

In my example with id network, use the network your phones are in

id network 192.168.10.0 mask 255.255.255.0 or similar

Just keep an eye on the SIP registrations in a failover event.  If SCCP phones are registering and able to make/receive calls, then your dial peers and translations should be ok.

show voice register all

show voice register stat

or use debug voice register to see why a phone my not be registering