cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP min-se value - Unable to complete a call

Alex Rich
Level 1
Level 1

We are transitioning over to SIP. We have run into an issue calling one of our customers MetLife 980-949-5529. When we try to place calls to them we are getting error 422 - session interval too small. MetLife has their min-se timer setting set to 6000 while we have ours set to the default of 1800. We are unable to increase ours due to calls coming from our clients are being rejected since they are using the default value. Is there anyway to correct this issue without causing an issue from other clients calling into us with the default?

show sip-ua min-se

SIP UA MIN-SE Value (seconds)

Min-SE: 1800

Thanks,

Alex

16 Replies 16

It doesnt really matter which organisations you call. The important thing is your ITSP. Yoour call should be directed to them and the sip timers hsould be the same..Unless you are sending calls to multiple ITSPs

Please rate all useful posts

"The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

Please rate all useful posts

Hi All,

SIP trunk was configured between two provider .  I am able to make calls to them  but they are not able to make calls . There are getting fast busy " SIP/2.0 500 Internal Server Error " with Q.850: cause=127 

from CUBE I am getting  

SIP/2.0 422 Session Timer too small

from my CUBE  end i configured session expire value in globallly .

min-se 360 session-expires 360

for call call manager "1800"

Please let me know what  is the issue , need to change any value from my end or remote end .

Thanks & Regards,

S. Ram 

Regards,
Ram.S