Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP numbers for Door Entry Solution

ittechk4u1
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Experts,

We are installing Door entry system in our remote office and in that office we are using Voice gateway for telephony. In HQ side we have call manager and SBCs.

Now I got the request from remote office that they need SIP numbers . I don't even know what it is and from where I should get it?

Any experts who can help me on this issue!

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

Scott Leport
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

The short answer is you need to speak to your telephony provider about procuring new numbers. 

Unless you have a requirement to have the door system on its own dedicated line or you have run out of telephone numbers at the remote site, I wouldn’t say you need to order new numbers. 

Is the door entry system on an Ethernet presentation?
How will it interface with your phone system? 

What is the make / model of the door entry system? Some vendors like 2N have some integration with CUCM and can be added as a SIP device on CUCM. 

mradell
Level 1
Level 1

We would probably need a little more information about the remote site before being able to assist. Is the remote site working with a vendor to set up the door entry system that you can get some more detailed information from? That would be my first step. Maybe the system needs to register to a call control agent (like CUCM) as a 3rd party SIP device so a DN/DID can be assigned to it, maybe they just need dial tone to the device with a DN/DID, maybe it requires a SIP URI that is reachable from somewhere, etc...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: