cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Phone Configuration

jameskuder
Level 1
Level 1

We currently are running CUCM 8.6 and have 1800+ SCCP phones in place. There was a new product purchased for AV that will require us to connect (2) IP7000 SIP phones to our Call Manager. I am not sure how configurtion of these phones would differ from configuring a new SCCP phone. Any help is appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Here is a previous forum discussion on this topic,

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/10762706/polycom-ip-7000-call-manager-7

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Here is a previous forum discussion on this topic,

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/10762706/polycom-ip-7000-call-manager-7

Hi jameskuder,

I suggest you follow the discussion provided by Erick, and if you still have issues, we could check further what might be happening.

Thanks

Thank you for info. I went to start and am actually stuck at Step 1. It says to add a new End User. I do not even have an option to add one. We use AD, but I do not want to use an AD account this conference room phone.

In 9.x and above you can have AD (LDAP) users and local users.  In your 8.x version you'll need to add an user in LDAP/AD to do this unfortunately.  Or maybe you can tie it to an existing end-user (AD) without a phone, etc to get it to work. Problem is if someone deletes that user then the phone may stop working.  You'll also need a different end user for each 3rd party SIP device as if you use the same SIP digest user on multiple SIP phones that doesn't work. 

In Call Manager, it keeps showing that the phone is rejected. What could be causing that?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: