Views
Helpful
Replies

Sip phone disable callmanager service

Kalid
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone.

I had a server cucm 11.5 be6000 which manages phones sccp and sip. but after a few days the phones are all disconnected I made my diagnosis and I found that if I connect the sccp phones the callmanager works without problems if I connect a sip phone the Cisco Callamanger service becomes not running.

Thank you for giving me ideas if you've ever seen this type of problem

Phone type : 8961 9951 9971 ver : 9.4

Cucm 11.5 

11 Replies 11

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
"I connect a sip phone the Cisco Callamanger service becomes not running."
====> What do you mean by No Running.

I suspect the SIP Traffic from the phone is getting blocked by some firewall or ACL.

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

Kalid
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. Thanks for your reply
Cisco Callmanager serviceability turn Not running when the sip phone try to register and all sccp phone become disconnected also .... if i leave the phones sccp only and i activate the service callmanager the system stays stable if i connect a phone sip the service Cisco CallManager becomes not running .. i have no firewall and Acl i change the switche too but I still have the same problem .. knowing that I did not have this problem before .. the question why the service callmanager become not running when the sip phone try to register

If I understand you correctly:

If only SCCP phones are connected to CUCM everything works fine. But if SIP phones are connected to CUCM, after a few days the Cisco CallManager service stops and all phones stop working.

Is that correct?

Maren

(FYI: Feel free to write up your question in your own language and use Google Translate to translate to English. Post both in your reply. I've helped folks speaking French and German that way.)

Hi,
yes exactly the sip phones disrupts the operation of the CUCM. before I had no problem. but yesterday morning this problem started and as soon as I connect the first phone sip the Cisco callmanager service only become not running. And all other service still running

What is the exact version of firmware you are running on your SIP phones? It is entirely possible that there is a bug in the code. Once you know the exact version of the firmware, take a look at release notes and the bug list to see if anything pops up.

In the meantime, can you get newer (or older) firmware and put it on one phone to see if connecting it causes the CallManager service failure?

Let us know what you find.

It would also be helpful to see the trace file from the CallManager service leading up to the failure. Do you have more than one CUCM server in your cluster? Does the CallManager service stop on all of them or just one?

Maren

I tested all these types of phone so sip traffic disrupts the CUCM.

sip88xx.11-5-1-18

sip8961.9-4-2SR2-2

sip9951.9-4-2SR2-2

sip9971.9-4-2SR2-2

I have only one publisher server I have not added the subscriber yet.

I had this message in the log I think it is generated when I connect a phone sip :

: CallManager: SDIDBConfigData:Read failed to retrieve SDI folder location, will use location in DB. ServiceID=0, NodeName=10.10.254.2

tgaur
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi,

this seems to be weird i would suggest open a TAC case if the system in production for root cause.

or if it is a LAB; set the service manager to detail by running command " set trace enable Detailed servm " recreate the issue note the time of issue and collect the CCM + servcie manager logs from the cli.

follow link to collect the logs :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/collecting-cucm-logs-from-cli-of-the-server-during-high-cpu-for/ta-p/3148821

++ what is the CUCM version you are running.

regards.

I agree that it is time to call TAC. If it were one model phone or one version of firmware, I'd say it's maybe something easy. But I think think this is not fixable by we mere mortals.

Is it too late to start over again with a fresh install of CUCM?

Maren

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I would recommend reinstalling CUCM. Just take backup of current CUCM and rebuild it.

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

If your enviroment permits and you already have a backup of your CUCM, try to re-install your Server. Definitely need to contact TAC for some further suggestions.

G

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Kalid
Level 1
Level 1

thank you everyone for your answers
I made a restoration of the cofiguration on a new VM to avoid the stops of the service
and after checking the event log and alarms we noticed that the day we had the problem there were two power failures. so some files are damaged because of unexpected server shutdowns .