Replies

SIP Phones Losing BLF/Presence in CME

Ellen Kennedy
Level 1
Level 1

Here are the details:

Cisco 2921 running Version 15.4(3)M3

CME Version 10.5

8945 SCCP Phones - SCCP894x.9-4-2SR1-2 (these phones are used for the end users)

9951 SIP Phones - sip9951.9-4-2SR1-2 (using two of these phones - one for the receptionist, and the other for the boss)

On both of the 9951 phones, we are using a single side car to monitor Park slots and user extensions.  We are basically using the side cars for BLF Speed dials. 

I have everything setup and working correctly, but every once in a while, the 9951 phones lose the ability to see the presence status of the Park Slots as well as the end users.  On the 8945 phones, the users are still able to see the presence status of the park slots.  The only thing that resolves the issue is rebooting the router.  When the router comes back up, we are able to see Presence/BLF from the 9951 phones.

When I do the show presence subscription summary when the BLF/Presence lights are not working on the two 9951 phones, I do not see these phones information in the table.  But after I do a reload, and run the command, I do see the 9951 phones in the table...

Its just strange that it works then breaks then gets fixed by a reload.... I don't feel like reloading the router once a week is the solution.

Attached is my scrubbed config.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

parcvista
Level 1
Level 1

Maybe because of this bug?

https://tools.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCuw26147

I am also having this issue, in the end I configured the router to restart every week.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

parcvista
Level 1
Level 1

Maybe because of this bug?

https://tools.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCuw26147

I am also having this issue, in the end I configured the router to restart every week.

I appreciate your response, parcvista.  Did you happen to upgrade/downgrade the router to an IOS on the known fixed releases list or do you just have the weekly reload in place?

Just curious!

Thanks,

EK

Hi EK

The version of the router is in the known fixed version list, so maybe the list is not so accurate.

Regards,

igo.gunawan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ellen,

I have similar issue, but for remote presence.

What did you finally do to solve this issue?

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: