Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Phones sending SIP Register Messages to SRST Gateway

reimanje
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I have a CUCM running with some SIP Phones (9971 and 9951) and an SRST Gateway as the backup option for those phones.

The Callmanager runs fine and the phones are registered normally. 

When I turn on the SIP Traces on the SRST Gateway I can see the phones are constantly sending "Register" messages to the Gateway. Is that normal behavior or is there something going on?

Thanks.

Kind regards.

Jens

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

That's normal as long as the Expires header is set to 0.  That means it's being used as a standby device and the registration should expire immediately.

Edit: meant registration instead of expiration.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

reimanje
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Brian.

That really helped a lot.

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

That's normal as long as the Expires header is set to 0.  That means it's being used as a standby device and the registration should expire immediately.

Edit: meant registration instead of expiration.

Hi,

How can you eliminate the Register messages from the debug? Is there any parameter not to send Register massage to SRST gateway when to phone is registered properly to CUCM?

Regards, 

No you can't. The phones use this register message as a form of keep alive to check the reachabiliy of the srst gateway 

Please rate all useful posts

Thanks for the confirmation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: