Helpful
Replies

sip-profiles incoming dial-peer

stoofer
Level 1
Level 1

I hope all is well !

I have a question

I am trying to apply the command sip-profiles inbound to the voice service voip like I was doing before, but this particular router does not accept it.

I think the command is not supported in the firmware (flash0:c3900-universalk9-mz.SPA.152-4.M7.bin)

Upgrading the firmware is not an option at this point.

Is there another way to get the sip-profile assigned to this incoming dial-peer?

Will it work if I add voice-class sip profiles 10 (instead of  voice-class sip profiles 10 inbound ) to the incoming dial-peer?

I have this profile which I need to assign to the below incoming sip dial-peer
!
voice class sip-profiles 10
request ANY sip-header From modify "From:(.*)(<sip:.*@.*>)" "From: \2"
response ANY sip-header From modify "From:(.*)(<sip:.*@.*>)" "From: \2"
!

!
dial-peer voice 200 voip
description * Inbound calls from SP *
translation-profile incoming SIP_INCOMING
session protocol sipv2
incoming called-number .
voice-class codec 1

thanks !

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hello,

in this case, the profile is used for both in and outbound calls.

But if you configure your dial-peer (like you already did), so that only inbound calls are matched and add the sip-profile, then it will only transform inbound calls.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hello,

in this case, the profile is used for both in and outbound calls.

But if you configure your dial-peer (like you already did), so that only inbound calls are matched and add the sip-profile, then it will only transform inbound calls.

I don’t think that it would be used in both directions. Without the inbound added to the command SIP profiles are only used in the outbound direction.

Response Signature

@Roger Kallberg: True that, you are right.

I always thought, that before the "inbound" parameter was added, SIP profiles were used in both directions by default, when they were hit.

Didn't know, that they were used in outbound direction only.

@stoofer:

Like Roger mentioned: So have the possibility to use SIP profiles for inbound translation, you have to use the parameter "inbound", when adding the sip-profile to a dial-peer. Therefore, you have to use a version, that supports this command.

(Cisco IOS 15.4(2)T / Cisco IOS XE 3.12S)

Your version of IOS does not support use of SIP profiles in the inbound direction.

Inbound / Outbound SIP Profiles

SIP profiles are robust Regular Expression (regex) Match statements which allow an administrator to change any aspect of a SIP message including SDP and SIP headers. These can be enabled globally, per dial-peer or per tenant. SIP Profiles are available for inbound modifications starting with with IOS 15.4(2)T and IOS-XE 3.12S . Since SIP profiles are so robust that this document only cover a few specific examples. SIP profiles also add the ability for custom SIP headers to be modified or added in IOS 15.5(2)T and IOS-XE 3.13S.

For additional information please see this document. 
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/ip-telephony-voice-over-ip-voip/211306-In-Depth-Explanation-of-Cisco-IOS-and-IO.html#anc45

Response Signature