cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP registration help

campbech1
Level 1
Level 1

I'm attempting to setup a new SIP provider and this is the first time I've set one up, outside of using AT&T.

The registration string they are requesting isn't what I'm use to.

I realize the below is based on Asterisk, but it's the only documentation from the vendor I can find.  I can't find a way to convert them over to my 2911 for testing.

They are requesting it setup as:

disallow=all

allow=ulaw

username=AUTHORIZATIONNAME

fromuser=AUTHORIZATIONNAME

type=friend

secret=PASSWORD

qualify=no

maxexpirey=3600

host=bt.voipdnsservers.com

fromdomain=bt.voipdnsservers.com

insecure=invite

dtmfmode=rfc2833

session-timers=refuse

defaultexpirey=60

nat=no

canreinvite=no

They then want the registration string to be:

AUTHORIZATIONNAME:PASSWORD@bt.voipdnsservers.com/AUTHORIZATIONNAME

I have spent a full day on this and I'm not getting any closer.

Could anyone provide a couple minutes of assistance?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Look at the AT&T section here -
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/enterprise/interoperability-portal/networking_solutions_products_genericcontent0900aecd805bd13d.html

It should help you. You basically need to configure the "sip-ua" on the IOS GW to support registration.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Look at the AT&T section here -
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/enterprise/interoperability-portal/networking_solutions_products_genericcontent0900aecd805bd13d.html

It should help you. You basically need to configure the "sip-ua" on the IOS GW to support registration.

Thank you for this, but I’m use to configuring for AT&T. I’m having an issue with a new vendor that wants their registration different than what I’m use to.

OK. Got you. That looks like something that won't be possible natively. You might want to use SIP Profile to tweak the authorization header.
Can your provider do IP address based authentication or have they mandated a registration based auth ?

Correct, I believe it will be a profile, just not sure how to manipulate it to be what I need. I messed with it for quite a while today.

Yes, they won’t change what they are requesting.

I left for the day so don’t have access to my lab. I will give it a try tomorrow and see if it is even possible to put it in that format.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: