Helpful
Replies

SIP SoftPhone Support in Cisco Call Manager 4.1

Jamil Hussain
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Cisco Support

Hi to all

I have a Cisco call manager cluster with publisher and subscriber.My XP and Windows 7 Machiens are ausing CIPC and i have users with MAC OS

i have to install the CIPC for them but CIPC is not supported on MAC OS.So i have to go with SIP softphone like X-LITE or third party.

i need to install SIP Softphone on one of the MAC OS by using cisco call manager 4.1 .

Is there any was to make it work with the current version of cisco call manager by utilizing the sip trunk or some other way to make it work possible.

Waiting for a favourable reply.

Regards

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No because line-side SIP support was not added until the 5.0 train. You either need to upgrade CUCM; or, register them to a different call agent (e.g. CME or Asterisk) and then build a trunk between that and CUCM.

Dear Jonathan

Thanks for your reply.

Is it possible that I can configure my gateway as a cme and register my sip softphone with it and in CUCM I configure a SIP Trunk and make it work.

My gateway ios is c3745-ipvoice-mz.123-11.T3.bin

Kindly advise me for the same. if its possible  can u confirm my gateway will support CME Configuration.

Is it workable solution for a single user. i need to configure it for my MAC OS.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: