cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP to FXS (analog) Port Gateways

Oliver Dilan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community were currently working with a Client that has 24 analog phones very old that want to get SIP to these phones they are mostly used for inbound calling. They have no PBX so basically it would be something that looks like this. Sip Carrier--->to Sip Gateway----->to 60 Block----->Analog phones. So im looking for the best gateway that will do SIP to FXS mostly likely connecting 50 pin amp cable from Cisco router to 60 Block. What would be the best Voice gateway to handle this the VG224 or something like a ISR 2811. I know the VG is cable and does the FXS 24 port analog but trying to see if this is the best option.. Thank you in advance

PS

This is very basic setup no out going just incoming call leg inbound traffic to analog phones that just are getting inbound calls to a encoder box. I dont believe i need a cube license or cucm for this basic setup 

the picture included is all i need . 

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You could use a Cisco 4000 series router with an FXS SM installed to provide RJ21 for connection to a 66-block. You would need to add the voice/UC license and then license CUBE (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/voi-cube-licensing.html#reference_FB65C5548C0D41A9A5ED5453C8A85324) for the concurrent call paths to your SIP provider. As long as you configured pure dial-peers without any supplemental features (eg transfer, conference, etc) I *think* you could avoid also licensing CME but I recommend verifying this with your Cisco partner or Cisco account team. I can’t find a clear document that states whether FXS ports consume CME licenses (they do when using CUCM).

The only reason i was trying to find out about the VG224 or 2811 is because i own these already. My questions will these not work. I also ask do i need a cube license because these line or phone wont be making calls its just incoming