cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Trunk 3rd. Party IVR

ty.masse
Level 1
Level 1

We are in the process of installing a 3rd. party IVR System connected to our call manager using SIP Trunks.  The IVR has 5 servers with a SIP connection on each that could answer call at any given time.  My plan was to build 5 SIP Trunks and put them in a route group.  I have 2 questions.

1. Is it possible to create 1 Sip Trunk with 5 IP's under SIP Trunk Destination and have all of them answer call at the same time or are they just for failover?

2. We have a SIP Trunk with our provider for PSTN calls.  As these calls are being received from the PSTN SIP Trunk I was going to re-route them to the IVR SIP Trunk with a route pattern.  Something like XXXXXXXXXX to the IVR SIP trunk route list.  However I saw a note from this guide from cisco that says. " Never reroute to a different SIP trunk."  Here is a link to the guide.  How would we go about doing this?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmsys/accm-861-cm/a08sip.html

Thanks in advance for your help.  PS: We have call manager 10.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
  • 1. Yes you can have a single sip trunk with multiple ip addeesses.  You can have upto 16 destinations on a single sip trunk. 
  • Cucm will randomly choose one of the destination in the sip trunk to send calls to. This just gives you resiliency in case one of the destination server fails. 

2. I don't understand your question here. Are you referring to the sip trunk from ITSP to your gateway? Why do you to change  the  way it works now? 

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

For your point2, yes it is possible.

With respect to statement 'Never reroute to a different SIP Trunk', it is not a instruction or suggestion. Document wants to convey the possibility of options possible when call arrives on SIP Trunk. This is related with the SIP profile parameter viz 'Reroute Incoming Requests to new Trunk Based On'. You can ignore this statement as not relevant for your call flow.

- Vivek

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
  • 1. Yes you can have a single sip trunk with multiple ip addeesses.  You can have upto 16 destinations on a single sip trunk. 
  • Cucm will randomly choose one of the destination in the sip trunk to send calls to. This just gives you resiliency in case one of the destination server fails. 

2. I don't understand your question here. Are you referring to the sip trunk from ITSP to your gateway? Why do you to change  the  way it works now? 

Please rate all useful posts

Thanks for your response.  As relates to 2.  This still relates to the IVR.  What I need to do is when I receive a call from a customer via ITSP SIP Trunk, I need to route it to the IVR  via the sip trunk between CUCM and the IVR.  That would be the SIP trunk in 1.  Is this possible?

For your point2, yes it is possible.

With respect to statement 'Never reroute to a different SIP Trunk', it is not a instruction or suggestion. Document wants to convey the possibility of options possible when call arrives on SIP Trunk. This is related with the SIP profile parameter viz 'Reroute Incoming Requests to new Trunk Based On'. You can ignore this statement as not relevant for your call flow.

- Vivek

Thanks you both for your responses.   That clears it up. 

Thx

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: