Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP trunk Between CUCM 11.5 and Avaya system

TrickTrick
Level 3
Level 3

Hi everyone,

I'm having big times now to make a SIP trunk work between 2 locations  , the first location (I'm controlling)  uses CUCM 11.5 and the second is using Avaya Call manager (I don't have info about the exact system version used there for now), and I'm not sure if the problem is from my side or their side

this client have 5 different locations across the world, the 4 first locations are working fine (all cisco), they can call our extensions and we can call their's, the problem is with the central site (Avaya), the IT manager told me that he has everything set up correctly and same for all the locations and it's working with all of them except our site.

tried to search a bit about that and nothing seemed to help, and btw, I can call their extension but they can't call ours, so to be accurate the problem is in our INCOMING connection or maybe their OUTGOING  connection 

Things I tried :

make a SIP trunk configuration in the CUCM : I can call, they can't

make a SIP trunk configuration in the VG instead, I sill can call them, they can't 

is there any specific parameter that I should check ? 

Thanks  

13 Replies 13

Georgios Fotiadis
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Gather and attach as file (in either case - or which ever will be like to be your final setup) the logs below:

a) If trunk is terminated at CUCM, use RTMT and gather CallManager SDL traces

b) If trunk is terminated at VG, gather the "debug ccsip messages" logs

Write down calling and called numbers.

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

used debug ccsip messages, no matter if i'm calling or called, nothing is shown

should I do something for the incoming calls ? I only configured a dial-peer for the remote extensions, and a route pattern using the VG as an outgoing point

What is exact call flow? Avaya - SIP - VG - SIP - CUCM ?

Read this guide: CUCM to CUBE Integration Configuration Example

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

por_msne03
Level 1
Level 1

Did you resolve this case?

yes sir, do you need help ? do you have a similar issue ?

Yes. I'm integrated SIP Trunk between CUCM 10.5 and Ayava Session Manager and work fine of both incoming call and outgoing call (CUCM perspective). But, after I'm upgrade CUCM to version 11.5 , Avaya can't call to CUCM but CUCM can call to Avaya. Thank you

Check if Avaya is using a domain name when you call from avaya side
In my case, I moved the SIP trunk to the voice gateway and enabled the debug, found out that avaya sends extension@domain.com, while my cucm sends extension@cucm_ip_adresse

solution: I had to add the domain in the enterprise parameters : the path is :
System ==> Enterprise Parameters Configuration ==>Cluster Domain Configuration ==> Cluster Fully Qualified Domain Name and you add the domain your avaya side is using

Could you tell me about your version of cucm software 11.5.x.xxxxx-xx ?

11.5.1.12900-21

Hi..

Can i Know your configuration on cucm

which prameter exactly, there's tons of parameters to check

for example, if you're facing the same issue, to check the cause quickly try to move your sip trunk to the Voice gatway of possible
enable debug ccsip messages and enable terminal monitor to see different messages exchanges, you will see the flow coming and going when you call / receive test calls

as I explained in my previous comment, the avaya invite message was different from CUCM one, I had to put the domain in CUCM so Avaya can understand my invite message

Hi,

I am also in to same situation, as you were. Can you share what version you have at Avaya side. 

For both Avaya CM and Avaya Session manager. 

Thanks 

Rishu