Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP TRUNK CONFIGURATION ON ISR 4321

Hi All,

I am in a fix and i need some major assistance, this is my first time setting up a sip trunk, later on setting it up on an ISR 4321. I have setup CME Successfully and my SIP Phones are dialing in and calling each other internally just fine. However my sip trunk for outgoing calls is not working i have fiber terminated on my ISR from my ISP for the trunk and i have established end to end connectivity just fine but when i configure my outgoing dial peers the isp can not see my sip messages what could i be me missing ?

This is my config i have no problem sharing my details as these are private a IPs.

My ISP shared these details.

Customer IP: 10.20.39.50

IP Route: 10.20.0.0 255.255.0.0

Proxy (Peer) IP: 10.20.39.254

Media IP: 10.20.34.4

Gateway: 10.20.39.1

Local/Peer port: 5060

Port type: UDP

Sip Message Type: SIP INVITE with ISUP

CLI Presentation Format: 1432300-1432324

Called number Presentation: 0xxxxxxxxx - National Format

Called number Presentation: 00xxxxxxxxx… - International Format

Sip number range from 211429400 to 211429449 (50 lines)

I have attached my config file

3 Replies 3

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

You should probably specify the binding interface for your SIP trunk dial peer ..

dial-peer voice 9 voip
 voice-class sip bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0/1
 voice-class sip bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0/1

If your signalling is sourced on the wrong address then the ITSP may be dropping it, and if not then their replies won't get to you.

When you try to make a call is an Invite actually being sent?

For incoming I'd also suggest explicitly matching inbound calls to that dial peer (or separate inbound if you prefer for any strange reason).  I prefer to match by SIP URI for example ..

voice class uri ITSP sip
 host ipv4:10.20.39.254

dial-peer voice 9 
 incoming uri via ITSP 

Steve4545
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

I am trying to configure the same as you described above. Can you please share details or step by step or config file on how to CME on 4321 and SIP trunks for internal and external calls for VoIP phones? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sachin

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi guys,

please check out all the older post (especially in the last 6 month) on how to configure SIP trunk with/without CME/SRST co-located on the same router.

This question comes up regularly nearly every week.

As you could imagine yourself, you are not the first people to do this.

For SIP trunk with CME/SRST co-located on the same router, you must use a tenant configuration.

There are a lot of pots with helpful links and configuration examples, or just use the normal Cisco documentation (yes, you can search them with google)

So please, search the forum first, instead of posting the same topic again and again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: