cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP trunk, CUBE and CUCM 8.5

pjiracek
Level 1
Level 1

I have a SIP trunk from a TSP terminated on the CUBE. - c2901 gateway connected via H323 to a CUCM 8.5 cluster. The signalling looks OK but I have no voice. The provider seems to support only G.729br8 codec and my phones (c6901 and c6921) seem to talk G.729r8 only so I need to do some transcoding. I'm in the UK btw.Now, I can do it on the CUBE and utilize dspfarm but that is I think only possible with SCCP. How do I register the gateway in CUCM, if it's already there as the H323 gateway?

Is there any way to do the transcoding on the CUCM? Any general advise would be much appreciated.

Cheers

49 Replies 49

Great stuff - that did it.

Thanks a lot for your excellent advice and spending your time on this.

The only remaining thing I'm having with this SIP trunk is that the translation profile doesn't seem to work as I want to.

The profile on the CUBE

voice translation-profile SIP-TRUNK-IN

translate calling 200

translate called 100

with the rule (I've tested it with "test voice translation-rule")

voice translation-rule 100

rule 1 /^01387345\([8-9]..\)$/ /5\1/

is assigned to

dial-peer voice 1 voip

description *** INBOUND SIP TRUNK PEER ***

translation-profile incoming SIP-TRUNK-IN

but it won't do the translation from 013873458XX to 58XX. The CUCM dial peers are then not matched for 5[8-9]..

I can go round this because I can manipulate the format of the called number coming from the ITSP (I can change it on a web portal from 013873458XX to 58XX) but it's not nice. And it puzzles me why the translation profile won't apply.

Pavel

I am happy that fixed it. Its always a good idea to mark the post as correct asnwer so it will help others to see that a suggestion fixed it. So feel free to mark the post that fixed the issue as correct answer

Please rate useful posts

"For the love of God is broader than the measure of man's mind And the heart of the Eternal is most wonderfully kind"

Please rate all useful posts

The reason why this is not working is because the called number is not 5811 from the sip provider..

Your dial-peer 1 is like this..

dial-peer voice 1 voip

incoming called-number 5[8-9].. (this is not the incoming called number)

it should be this..

dial-peer voice 1 voip

incoming called-number 01387345[8-9]..

Then when this dial-peer is matched, the xlation will be applied.

Please rate useful posts

"For the love of God is broader than the measure of man's mind And the heart of the Eternal is most wonderfully kind"

Please rate all useful posts

majoeville
Level 1
Level 1

Hi pjiracek,

Well done. Im in the UK too and would like to test mine. Could you tell me who's your SIP provider please. Thanks

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

We use Thus (C&W) as our SIP trunk provider. They are also our WAN provider.

Cheers

Pavel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: