cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP trunk integration from CUCM to CUC

waqas gondal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have a BE6k which came preconfigured with the SIP trunk, voicemail profile, route pattern on the CUCM and on the CUC it had the voicemail ports, phone system and SIP configuration. I don't see the trunk however in CUC. I am wondering what I have to do to tie it all together. I put the IP address of the CUCM in the port group of the CUC but that didn't help.

Whenever a user presses the voicemail button all they hear is a ring, no prompt for a PIN.

I tried to find documentation on how to do this using SIP but they have been pretty tough to follow.

Any help guys?

Waqas

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The guide we all have used when doing this for the 1st time is here

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/unified-communications/unity-connection/products-installation-and-configuration-guides-list.html

Make sure to review it carefully and then compare what came pre-configured, you might delete it all and start from scratch to make sure it's all OK.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the reply Jaime.

I looked into those documentations and it specifically says this for the CUC 10.X versions:

This document applies only when Cisco Unity Connection is installed on a separate server from Cisco Unified CM. This document does not apply to the configuration in which Cisco Unity Connection is installed as Cisco Business Edition—on the same server with Cisco Unified CM.

They mean as in a 5K, not a 6K. Not sure why they're keeping that note around when it's no longer relevant as 5K does not exist on UCS.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Ok I'l give it a shot.

On CUC you wont have a section to create a "SIP Trunk" like you do on the CUCM side.

On the CUCM side you need to make sure your sip trunk profile has the appropriate tick marks.  On the trunk itself you need to have the tick marks that do the inbound and outbound call reversions.  Last you need to build a route pattern, and set up your voicemail profile.

On CUC you just set up the the phone system, and create SIP ports.  I'm sure the guide Jaime linked will give you that in further detail.  But Sip integration is a walk in the part compared to SCCP.

Hey Guys,

The solution was to reconfigure the phone numbers of the users in Unity as they didn't match the extensions on the CUCM. After I did that it worked fine. When the Unity connection sycned with LDAP it pulled the phone information from there. On the CUCM side it had shorter extensions.

-Waqas

Hi,

Couple of checks:

1. DN on the voice mail pilot assiged to voice mail profile, is it matching the route-pattern.

2. The route-pattern is pointing to SIP trunk with CUC address.

3. Do you have the right CSS assigned to phones to access the route pattern

4. On CUC, do you have voicemail ports create as port group.