Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP trunk issue on CUCM 7!

wahidayat007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to setup a trunk on our CUCM 7, with a third party provider, I have got the user name/password and IP address to establish a sip trunk! I have only one route pattern which is 9.@ and I have selected SIP trunk as my gateway. I am trying to call from my IP phone, but I get cisco message, Call cannot be completed as dialed! Any help of setting this will be help full.

Thanks

18 Replies 18

Well,

Thanks for your email. In my case, I did not have router configured as our Gateway for E1/T1. Which means we did not have any E1/T1 PSTN lines. We were connected to the third party PSTN provider through MPLS network and they provided the IP their public IP address and SIP customer user/password. I configured SIP trunk between my CUCM 7 and the PSTN Provider (Avaya or 3com system). They were using UDP port 5060 and I was trying TCP port 5060, but I changed UDP port 5060 on my side and eventually they saw our SIP request messages. In the route pattern you can define your International digits/numbers and can select SIP as your gateway in the gateway list to go through. Hope this would help.

Rgds

Wahidayat007

Hello Nick,

I've been wanting to use SIP directly from CUCM for a while now. Would you mind elaborating a bit on your statement above regarding the registration restriction? Is this something that might be available in future? I see this as a very useful method of routing calls in test/lab environments as there's no need for a gateway/cube.

Thanks, Johan

Hi Johan,

CUCM can send an invitation with authentication credentials but cannot send a REGISTER message. If your provider requires this then you will need CME/CUBE. This is a feature of smaller providers, so it's likely if you will be running the volume of a CUCM cluster over a SIP trunk it may be a non-issue.

-nick

wahidayat007
Level 1
Level 1

Well,

Thanks for your email. In my case, I did not have router configured as our Gateway for E1/T1. Which means we did not have any E1/T1 PSTN lines. We were connected to the third party PSTN provider through MPLS network and they provided the IP their public IP address and SIP customer user/password. I configured SIP trunk between my CUCM 7 and the PSTN Provider (Avaya or 3com system). They were using UDP port 5060 and I was trying TCP port 5060, but I changed UDP port 5060 on my side and eventually they saw our SIP request messages. In the route pattern you can define your International digits/numbers and can select SIP as your gateway in the gateway list to go through. Hope this would help.

Rgds

Wahidayat007

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: