Community Helping Community

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Re: SIP trunk issue on CUCM 7!

Well,

Thanks for your email. In my case, I did not have router configured as our Gateway for E1/T1. Which means we did not have any E1/T1 PSTN lines. We were connected to the third party PSTN provider through MPLS network and they provided the IP their public IP address and SIP customer user/password. I configured SIP trunk between my CUCM 7 and the PSTN Provider (Avaya or 3com system). They were using UDP port 5060 and I was trying TCP port 5060, but I changed UDP port 5060 on my side and eventually they saw our SIP request messages. In the route pattern you can define your International digits/numbers and can select SIP as your gateway in the gateway list to go through. Hope this would help.

Rgds

Wahidayat007

Beginner

Hello Nick,

I've been wanting to use SIP directly from CUCM for a while now. Would you mind elaborating a bit on your statement above regarding the registration restriction? Is this something that might be available in future? I see this as a very useful method of routing calls in test/lab environments as there's no need for a gateway/cube.

Thanks, Johan

Hi Johan,

CUCM can send an invitation with authentication credentials but cannot send a REGISTER message. If your provider requires this then you will need CME/CUBE. This is a feature of smaller providers, so it's likely if you will be running the volume of a CUCM cluster over a SIP trunk it may be a non-issue.

-nick

Beginner

Well,

Thanks for your email. In my case, I did not have router configured as our Gateway for E1/T1. Which means we did not have any E1/T1 PSTN lines. We were connected to the third party PSTN provider through MPLS network and they provided the IP their public IP address and SIP customer user/password. I configured SIP trunk between my CUCM 7 and the PSTN Provider (Avaya or 3com system). They were using UDP port 5060 and I was trying TCP port 5060, but I changed UDP port 5060 on my side and eventually they saw our SIP request messages. In the route pattern you can define your International digits/numbers and can select SIP as your gateway in the gateway list to go through. Hope this would help.

Rgds

Wahidayat007

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here