cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP trunk: IVR system - CUCM 8.6

oscar.perez
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3rd party IVR system which requieres a SIP trunk to the CUCM cluster to call out Cisco IP Phones and also to the PSTN. After the SIP trunk provisioning on both sides calls from Cisco IP Phones to the IVR system are working, calls from the IVR to the Cisco IP Phones are also working but when trying to do a call from the IVR to the PSTN the call fails.

My PSTN access is via a T1 PRI on a MGCP gateway register to the CUCM cluster. When running a SIP debug at the IVR box, I am getting the following:

SIP/2.0 404 Not Found

I have checked the CSS for the inbound calls at the SIP trunk and there is not restriction to the PSTN route patterns.

Not sure why is working with the local 4 digits extensions for the Cisco IP Phones but not for the PSTN numbers.

Thanks,

Oscar Perez

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do a "debug isdn q931" on the GW to see if it making it here.

How many sig digits is the SIP trunk configured with?

Chris

Already did the debug, the call is not getting to the Voice GW. I am using all significant digits on the SIP trunk config. And I have a pattern that match the digits, 9.1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX or 9.[2-9]XXXXXX for local calls. But again the call is not hitting the Voice GW according to the debug isdn q931 output.

Oscar Perez

Can you run the call through the Trunk analysis DMA to see what CUCM think is going on?

If all shows well there you will need to drill down to CM trace logs.

Also make sure that the CM IP server you are sending the call to from the IVR is listed in CM Group assigned to the DP that the trunk is using.

HTH,

Chris