Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP trunk - making outside calls from the other side

John Kim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm looking to implement CME 9.1 on Cisco 2951 at new office.

Since there's Toshiba VoIP system in place at old office, we are migrating the whole ISDN channels to the new office and looking to set up a SIP trunk via P2P WAN link and route the calls.

My questions are;

1) Is it possible to make outside calls for people at the old office via a CME at new office?

I know it's possible to call extension to extension but I'm not too sure whether it's possible to make outside calls via this way.

2) If it's possible, can someone advise what kind of config is required on CME?

Thanks,

John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1) Yes its possible as long as your CME at new site has PSTN connectivity via SIP Trunk or ISDN lines.

2) Look at below document it has example config for SIP Trunking. You will need to come up with your own config but it will give you a reference point to start

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-express/91535-cme-sip-trunking-config.html

You will need to create a SIP Trunk from old voice system to CME and point the CME extensions and all PSTN patterns to this trunk to route to CME. CME side you will need an incoming voip dial-peer to catch these and outbound dial-peer to route calls(for external calls only). You will also need to create dial-peer to point to the old voip system so that extension to extension calls work.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1) Yes its possible as long as your CME at new site has PSTN connectivity via SIP Trunk or ISDN lines.

2) Look at below document it has example config for SIP Trunking. You will need to come up with your own config but it will give you a reference point to start

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-express/91535-cme-sip-trunking-config.html

You will need to create a SIP Trunk from old voice system to CME and point the CME extensions and all PSTN patterns to this trunk to route to CME. CME side you will need an incoming voip dial-peer to catch these and outbound dial-peer to route calls(for external calls only). You will also need to create dial-peer to point to the old voip system so that extension to extension calls work.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

Thanks a lot for your kind reply, Terry.

I'll go over the link you attached.

Cheers!

No Worries John and please do rate helpful posts.

-Terry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: