cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Trunk Outbound Caller ID

Mark Verwey
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a problem with my outbound calls.  We have moved to SIP trunks for about 2 months and it was just brought to my attention that certain extensions when they call out the far end they are calling is getting the wrong caller ID on their phones so they are unable to call them back later.  We have 3 different DID ranges and with 2 of them having over lapping digits for the last 4; xxx-xxx-5000 through 5999, xxx-yyy-6000 through 8999, and xxx-zzz-4100 through 4299. If I make a call from an extension in the xxx-xxx-5000 to 5999 or xxx-zzz-4100 to 4299 the far end or called number see's the correct clid.  However, if I call from an extension in the range xxx-yyy-6000 to 8999 the called number see's a clid of xxx-xxx-6000 to 8999.  Any one ever had this problem?

7 Replies 7

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Assuming you have a CUBE as well, where you do your translations for ANI ? EPNM, TP, RP, Xform Patterns or the CUBE ?

Yes I'm using a cube for my border controller.  I have inbound translation rules to strip all digits except the last 4, then send it onto the CUCM.  The only translations I have set for outbound are in the CM, and that is the predot strip of the 9 they press for an outside call.

OK. So you don't have anything for ANI on CUBE at least. You would need to check on CM -

1. Check the EPNM on the IP Phones. Do your RP/TP make use of EPNM for ANI ?
2. If not, check the RP/TP to see where is the ANI taking effect. Route list needs to be checked as well.

Do a DNA on UCM for this call and see how the call traverses. Check those TP/RP/RL etc.

I have the ANI set at the phone EPNM. 

So is the EPNM correct ? What did DNA show ?

I just ran the DNA and found the problem, I should have checked this before I asked for help.  I had a mask set RG for that site.  I removed it and now it works the way it should.

Good that DNA was helpful.