cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP trunk over internet

SathishAnbu4286
Level 1
Level 1

We are migrating to SIP trunk but service provider is offering SIP trunk over internet , going to use dedicated internet link for SIP. Please let me know the best practice for security since it is an internet link.

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If SIP provider offer you VPN, then you can do VPN Trunking between SIP provider and your self.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi balaji,

What are the other option to deploy it

can you more elaborate on what options you looking to deploy,  this is your environment you need to provide more information on what you looking to deploy?

In the original post you have asked how you can secure, i have given option VPN to secure your SIP traffic since you using Public Internet?

BB

In my environment i have CUCM and voice gateway with PRI. Now we want to migrate to SIP but service provider offering though internet.  Initially i though get separate internet link only for SIP trunk and connect to firewall. But now my network team denying to configure SIP trunk since this it is not TLS enabled. SO looking for multiple option not sure service provider offer VPN solution. 

If the provider not offering VPN and you do not meet Local regulation in a security point of view, you need to find an SIP provider who will meet the requirement to secure your VOIP calls.

i do not see any other option here.

BB

All you can really do if the SIP is provided over the Internet is to lock down your interface so it will only access traffic from the ITSP's gateway or proxy.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: