cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Trunk to CUCME 'dropping' connection. Dial Plan?

genericitis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've inherited a 7.1 CUCME phone system that is running an internal set of 100 numbers made available by a SIP trunk provider.

The system has always had an issue whereby after a while the CUCME seems to drop off. An external caller will hear no ringing when trying to call and it can take a couple of call attempts to bring the line up and have the call come through (either when calling the main line or an individual number). 

When the call finally comes through it can be answered on one phone, but the call still tries to come through on other phones with the same extension.

The sip registration stays up, when the line is up receiving and making calls internally/externally is ok.

I've attached a file with the relevant config as well as the output from the following debugs (a single successful call and hangup for each debug);

debug voice ccapi inout

debug ccsip messages

debug voice dialpeer al

There had been no dial-peer with the  session target ipv4:(CUCME IP ADDRESS) so I added the dial-peer voice 2000 voip, this hasn't changed the issue.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

7 Replies 7

dwayne rattan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi are you using SIP phones together with the CME ? I had a similar issue occur while using SIP Trunk together with SIP phones. Incoming calls would not ring on the operator phone but would hunt to other phones within the hunt group. Switching the operator phone from SIP to SCCP cleared up all the issues. I dont believe CME works well with SIP phones and if any request ever comes in for CME with SIP and will spec SCCP phones.

Afraid not, it's 7975, 7925's, 7945's mostly, all SCCP.

Can you provide calling and called number for failed calls and  time of call for the debug attached above. 

Each debug above was a call from 0459990430 to 0290466812, the attached debugs were the output of each individual bug from a successful call.

Here is a debug including voice dial-peer and voice ccapi inout from a failed call.

To describe the failure; i call my full number (029046812) from my mobile/cell (0459990430), the call fails at my mobile with the option to call back or cancel. If i were to call back, the line will come up and the call will go through. I cancelled and awaited the attached debugs to come through as the failed call still attempted to come through to a 7925 with my number on it a few moments after.

For dial-peer 2000 voip which you have defined for inbound called number .T , you also need to make sure inbound translation profile is applied to this.

Also because ephone-dn automatically create a  virtual pots dial-peer with port number so i dont think there is any need for session target for CME under voip dial-peer.So you just need to accept the call from provider with inbound dial-peer and apply correct translation .Call will be sent to the phone using the dial-peer which is create during ephone-dn config.thanks

Thank you very much for your advice Deepak, also to Dwayne. Much appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: