cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Trunk to LYNC

r.pennington
Level 5
Level 5

I have CUCM 7.1(5) and Lync 2010. SIP trunk all configured up as per the various docs.                   

CUCM can call Lync with no problems, but a call from Lync to CUCM sends back a 404 not found.

I have set up the CSS on SIP trunk based on Lync just send ing 4 digits (that didn't work) I also tried it with Lync sending the full E.164 and a translation pattern to strip down to 4 digits (that didn't work) On both options I also tested the config with the Dialled Number Analyser and this said that inbound from the trunk it should route the call correctly to that device.

In the Lync logs we can see it sending either the 4 digit number or the full E.164 as configured, and in the CUCM logs i can see it arrive but it just doesn't seam to route.

Any ideas ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you configure CUCM with IPv4 or DNS addresses in Lync? CUCM will only respond to a DNS-formatted To: header if the Cluster Fully Qualified Domain Name Enterprise Parameter has been set.

Also, did you click Reset on the SIP Trunk in CUCM? Changes (e.g. your CSS or Transformation patterns) have a tendancy not to take effect until you click that magic Reset button.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the CSS and re-directed CSS on the SIP trunk set to?

Have you looked at CUCM logs?

Chris

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you configure CUCM with IPv4 or DNS addresses in Lync? CUCM will only respond to a DNS-formatted To: header if the Cluster Fully Qualified Domain Name Enterprise Parameter has been set.

Also, did you click Reset on the SIP Trunk in CUCM? Changes (e.g. your CSS or Transformation patterns) have a tendancy not to take effect until you click that magic Reset button.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Jonathan, spot on, changed the Lync config to an IP address rather than DNS and works.

Thanks for your help, another 10 mins and I would have thrown my laptop out the window

Hi,

This discussion seems interesting!

Can i have the document or the link to get our Call manager & Lync Server to get the calls done between both.

Appreciate your hep!

Thanks,

Jayadurai

Here is the integration guide...

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/confirmation.aspx?id=26800

Please rate all useful posts

A bit old but still saving people! Nice.. lol

In between other problems was going into the 2nd day trying to make this work.

Guess there should be a side note on all guides on this integration mentioning this Enterprise Parameter.

Thanks again.