cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

sip trunk working one way only?

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

i made a sip trunk with another country but only calls from my side are working , when they try from their side they get a busy tone , could it be from my side? or calls working from my side narrow down the issue to their configuration? if my extensions are like this 1XXX i choose "4" for Significant Digits , is this correct?

11 Replies 11

CUCM? CME? Start with looking @SIP debugs/traces from originating side to see if call routing is good and the signaling is triggered. If yes, then share the sip messages. If no then you need to review you call routing config depending on your deployment

i made a sip trunk through cucm from my side but not sure about the other side , as im not handling the sip trunk from the other side , me having my sip trunk routing calls fine rule out issues from my side correct?

Make a test call and generate RTMT real-time trace. Save the SIP messages ,if any, and share them.

If you don't get SIP messages then something at the other end.

*** Make sure that RTMT filter is correct

i have rtmt running but not sure how to do  real-time tracing or what filters to choose , can u please tell me how to do so? as far as i know i open tools > trace & log central then choose real time trace > view real time then i have to choose the node? should i choose the node which my phone is registered on because i have 2 cucm ? afterward i dont know what to choose for category , services and trace file type?

In this case, upload the traces and I will analyze them (just share the calling and called numbers).

Make a test call then

From RTMT > System > Tools > Trace > Trace & Log Central > Collect Files

Select Cisco CallManager All Server > Next > Next

Select Relative Range 5 Mins

Select Uncompress logs

Select download the path

Uploaded the traces here (indicate the calling and called numbers)

i did that but i got alot of folders and files??? i checked something else not sure if that would substitute , i opened tools > trace & log central > real time trace > view real time data then a window would pop , i would choose a cucm server then would pick the following "category:ucm" , services"cisco callmanager" ,trace file type"calllogs" , wouldnt that work as well?

Just put all the files and folders in a zip file and upload.

fortunately the issue got resolved , it turn out we were using in the security sip-profile in the "incoming port" a different port than the other party has configured in their sip trunk , it got updated and then the calls was getting received ok , thank you for your assistance

Good to hear this. Please remember to rate useful posts

fortunately it have got resolved as the issue was with the sip trunk security profile , we has under "incoming port" a different port than what the other end conifgured under their sip trunk , we changed it and it is up both ways , thank you for your assistance.

Can you provide Cisco Callmanager logs for a working and non-working call.

Regard,

Mohammed Noor

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: