5 trunk out
50 DID

Based on above info.how many users concurrent can call from company to out, and
how many one concurrent from outside company call company

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Faziz,

You can modify the DID and use just the xxx part of it. You can can do it using the translation profiles on the CUBE or you can do the same on the SIP trunk on CUCM:

You can you translation patterns on the CUCM as well.

So, it all depends on your CUCM and CUBE configuration and design requirement.

~Amit

View solution in original post

Although Amit has clarified all... but what you have said seems not practical, ITSP will never give you a call made to 234(600) because you didn't bought this number. Your DDI range is 234(100-149) so ITSP will send call to your system only if someone dials the number from respective DDI range 234(100-149).

Later on you always have an opportunity to map the global DDI range with your internal DNs. For example your internal extension 600 is mapped with 234(100), 601 is mapped with 234(101) and so on. Now if someone from PSTN dials 234(100), you can convert the called number to 600 and route the call to an appropriate DN/extension. As Amit said earlier, there are various ways to achieve it using translation profile, translation pattern etc.

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you configuring SIP Trunk directly in CUCM to service provider and no SBC/CUBE in between?

I suspect none of the information you provided has to do with simultaneous call capacity.

I have CUBE, but ITSP will provide me:-

10 trunk in
5 trunk out
50 DID

I need to know above info.,

I think that you need to ask your ITSP the concurrent voice channels supported in your account.

You also need to confirm what your provider meant by 10 trunk in and 5 trunk out.

I guess this could mean that your account will allow you to make 5 concurrent outgoing calls (company to out) and receive 10 concurrent incoming calls (outside to company).   

What's about DID/DOD, same thing?

I hope you got the answer from Amit reply.

Amit Sharawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Faziz,

SIP trunk is an IP link, so there is no limitation on the number of calls that you can make through a SIP trunk. It totally depends on the bandwidth of the IP link to ITSP and the service calls agreement(if there is any) between the number of parallel incoming or outgoing calls.

Please clarify few point from ITSP:

> What do they mean by 10 trunks in and 10 trunks out. I have never seen these many of SIP trunks for a site?
> Do they have any limitations on the number of parallel incoming and outgoing calls on the trunk?
> Regarding the DID, these are the number provided by the company which can be used as PSTN number for the IP phone which are dial-able from outside. They may be talking about issuing 50 new DID number to you.

> Do they require any registration/authentication of any pilot number for the SIP trunk to route outgoing the calls?

~Amit

Hi

SIP Trunk will have 10 IN/OUT, means 10 channels, EX. 10 users concurrent call out, if users No. 11 dial will get busy..

Thanks

Faziz,

Ok, that's sound good. What exactly are you looking for from this information provided by ITSP.

~Amit

Ok, ITSP will provide me No. Like 234(2xxx), the xxx will be DID my question is, better to be all DID xxx assign to exact phone in company or better to assign some of DID to auto-Attend?, and when user call out will show what caller ID

Faziz,

You can modify the DID and use just the xxx part of it. You can can do it using the translation profiles on the CUBE or you can do the same on the SIP trunk on CUCM:

You can you translation patterns on the CUCM as well.

So, it all depends on your CUCM and CUBE configuration and design requirement.

~Amit

Hi

ITSP will provide me 50 DID sequentially like from 234(1xx), but what if I need to give DID for extension which not within range like 600-620 and 900-928 which not within 1xx?

Hi Faziz,

In that case, you need to configure either translation profile to modify the called number or you need to configure the translation patterns in CUCM.

Both will achieve you the same results, it depends on your design when you want to modify the DID.

Let me know if you have any queries.

~Amit

Hi Amit

To make things clear i means if ITSP provide 50 DID from 234(100-149), and i have extension NO. 600, i need if someone from pstn called 234(600) redirect to extension 600, but issue is 600 not within DID range (100--149) that provide by ITSP

Thx

Faziz,

My last reply is still the answer to your query.

You need to configure either translation profile to modify the called number or you need to configure the translation patterns in CUCM

~Amit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: