cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Via NAT Traversal

srpm
Level 1
Level 1

Judging by all of the searching I've done on this issue I do believe this might be a favorite topic for people. :)

So I'm trying to get a SIP connection up and running between my corporate network and a customer's network.  Unfortunately we are trying to pass SIP traffic via NAT because of some network overlap that cannot be worked around.  Also unfortunately, I'm only a part of the voice team and thus have no access or ability to the network side.  So my exposure to the configuration side of the equation is very limited.

The call is failing when it hits my 2801.  Attached is an edited debug from ccsip all.  I believe it is failing because of NAT, but more specifically because the INVITE request has the wrong IP address because of NAT.  And I don't know what to do about it.  I've searched and searched and can't find anything that might be applicable.  So I was hoping that one of the smart minds here can help guide me in the direction of a solution.

One last thing, we are going to upgrade the IOS on this gateway as it is kind of old (12.4) and doesn't have some of the configurations options for SIP that we wanted to try that might resolve the issue.

Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

1 Reply 1

srpm
Level 1
Level 1

Any thoughts on this?  I still haven't been able to get this to work.