cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIPREC on vCUBE

mmoulson1
Level 4
Level 4

I have SIPREC working on a physical CUBE, there is very little to the config and it works fine.

I am doing some testing with vCUBE and it doesn't appear to do anything when SIPREC is configured. I don't see any SIPREC SIP messages when making test calls.

Can anyone comment on SIPREC working with vCUBE and particular software versions?

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Hi,

Did you configure mode command on csr to make it as cube. Also, did you
apply the suitable license to act as cube. Finally, are you using hardware
features or srtp as these aren't support on vcube.

**** please remember to rate useful posts

It is running an AX license which I believe is appropriate for CUBE.

I'm not sure about the mode command?

I just tried a "show cube status" and I get "Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE) Application is not enabled"

However it is running as a CUBE and currently routing calls? I also have another physical CUBE that is configured with SIPREC that is working fine, this also reports the same "show cube status".

As it happens we do have some srtp dial peers on the vCUBE that we do not have on the physical CUBE however I have only applied SIPREC to the none-srtp peers which I believe should work?

Understood. Let's start with basics, can what version of IOS-XE used? Also,
under voice service voip , configure mode border-element command. You need
to reboot after that. Next issue the command show cube status.

Additionally, verify that you have the right CUBE license on CSR which
enables media forking.

OK so the physical CUBE is using TCP, if I change the vCUBE to UDP it starts to generate the SIPREC message.

Good catch. Not sure why its not working for tcp as it should. Maybe worth
tac to reconfirm if any restriction or bug.

I just had a chat with someone on my team who was involved in the build for the call recording server. Apparently some work around was put in place for the source IP address of our physical CUBE to make it work with TCP. It's odd as I was expecting to see the SIPREC invite going out from the vCUBE if the call was recorded or not but I'm guessing there must be some exchange between the CUBE and the server before it starts talking SIP. As I said UDP works find and is being recorded.