Views
Helpful
Replies

Skype into Call Manager/CME

ken.montgomery
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I have a project that came at me quickly, and am looking to confirm what I've found online so far...

Using Skype Call Manager to create an internet point of presence, it is my understanding those calls can be forwarded via SIP to a PBX or VOIp system.  We have both Call Manager and Call Manager Express systems in our organization. 

The information I have been able to find online seems to indicate that to initiate calls into Call Manager or out of Call Manager, a Session Border Control server/service must be established, such as CUBE to enable this to proceed properly.  Is this correct?

Other information appears to indicate that CME can directly access a SIP trunk, through the proper configuration of routes and SIP configuration in the IOS on the ISR router.  Is this correct?

Has anyone successfully used this type of setup to allow incoming calls into your UCM or CME?  What has been your experience with it?

Thanks in advance,

Ken

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CME can always use the SIP trunk directly. It can also be configure to be CUBE/SBC concurrently.

CM will, in most cases (but not all), need CUBE/SBC.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CME can always use the SIP trunk directly. It can also be configure to be CUBE/SBC concurrently.

CM will, in most cases (but not all), need CUBE/SBC.

Thank you for the quick response... I'm also hopeful someone will post their experience with Skype and Cisco products... anyone?