cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Slow unity TUI after converting to Exchange VMDK's

Daniel Miller
Level 1
Level 1

After converting exchange 2007 from raw luns/iscsi to vmdk's our unity 7.0(2) TUI has a 25-30 second pause when trying to retrieve messages after entering the users password. It is quick to answer and take messages though.

Latest patches deployed, permissoins checked, and servers restarted so far. I am also working with TAC on it as well but I was curious if anyone has seen this before, and what the solution was for them.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

2 Replies 2

Daniel Miller
Level 1
Level 1

FYI - this ended up being related to windows firewall and port issues.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

do you still have the 'windows firewall and port' information that you discovered was the root cause to your performance issue? I am also having similar types of issues with a new VOIP implimentation - big difference is we are not running VM or VMDK's just physical exchange environment, but our issue sounds alot like what you describe, for certain users each day the first time they retrieve voicemail we see delays 'tic toc sound' after entering the users password whilst it retrieves their voice mail from exchange, we have done significant work on exchange side of things to improve storage group/mailbox performance and archived items to reduce overhead, however still haven't got things to speed we were expecting. Saw your post and wondered were we missing something on the window FW and ports you are referring to, and would like to check that out.

Thanks in advance for any feedback/information you may be able to share.

Ben.