cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Small Office needs call control - which product

billmatthews
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a group of 10 users that are going to be split off from a larger company.  Currently they're using Cisco 7970 phones as part of a larger Call Manager v7 environment.

When they move, they'll be completely on their own for all IT services.  They get to keep their phones, but will need a new call processing infrastructure (and voicemail). 

They're going to use analog lines, and have a 1700 router for the gateway if needed.

But for such a small site, I thought Cisco Business Edition 3000 might be a good fit, but it doesn't look like it supports the 7970 phones?  So I guess my next option would be the UC500 platform?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

UC5000 would be fine, but that is essentially CUCM/UCON combo, if you are looking for a smaller footprint then I would suggest Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express with Unity Express which runs on Cisco Router and is quite flexible.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

UC5000 would be fine, but that is essentially CUCM/UCON combo, if you are looking for a smaller footprint then I would suggest Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express with Unity Express which runs on Cisco Router and is quite flexible.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris.

We'll have help doing the install, but in terms of day to day administration going forward, are they two products fairly smilar (UC500 vs CUCM Express on a router)?

Not really, UC500 has different GUI from CUCM GUI which has one GUI for phone administration and one for voicemail. I have not worked with UC500 at all, but with CME which by the way is the underlying engine for UC500 I prefer the CLI configuration as it is simply copy/paste. Either way both should be easy to administer.

HTH,

Chris

Actually UC500 strives to deliver all administration under a single GUI, called CCA.

There is also a forum to discuss it under "small voice - business".

Right, that what I tried to say was the difference between it and CME/CUE, perhaps I was not clear, thanks Paolo for clarification.

Chris

Look at having Cisco Configuration Professional installed - and perhaps buy yourself 24 hours of access to the cbt nuggets - ccna voice - the first few videos is all about administering cume and a few at the end of the series about cue.

Regards

If only could dawn to Cisco to unify these GUIs instead of playing feature disparity to its customers and prospects.

billmatthews
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks guys, great advice all around