Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP Monitoring CCME (CISCO-CCME-MIB)

Hi,

I would like to use Nagios to monitor certain variables of a CCME router (2951 on IOS 15.4).

According to the following article

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/mib/reference/guide/ccme_mib.html

the MIB CISCO-CCME-MIB provides several useful variables respectively OIDs.

Just one example: 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.439.0.0.4 should give ccmeEPhoneRegFailed.

However, when I query  any of these OIDs (listed in the above article) via snmpwalk from a linux server, I get an error message saying that these variables do not exist.

SNMP is correctly configured (I can query other, non-CCME - related OIDs without any problem from that box).

My question: Does the CISCO-CCME-MIB functionality need to be enabled first somehow on the CCME router or what do I miss here?

Many thanks for some ideas!

Heinz

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I did more investigation and I think you was at the right OID tree (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.439). However, not all the MIBs are supported with the latest release. For example, the OID for failed registration phones isn't supported on CME 10.5.

I didn't find it properly documented but I was testing it using my solarwinds NPM and reading the SNMP response.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi,

The link you are using is relevant to CME 3.4. You are running IOS 15.4 which is running CME 10.5 on top of it.

Refer to this link to find the relevant MIBs:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel2_2/MIBrefs/VoiApOID.html

Hi Mohammed,

thanks. I had a look on this, but it isn´t working either.

When I try to probe one of the listed OIDs it says:

./check_snmp -H 192.168.1.1 -C readcom -o 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.12.5.2
External command error: Error in packet
Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB.
Failed object: iso.3.6.1.4.1.9.12.5.2

How can I find out which OIDs are provided for CCME related variables on that router?

Thanks

Heinz 

Hi,

I did more investigation and I think you was at the right OID tree (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.439). However, not all the MIBs are supported with the latest release. For example, the OID for failed registration phones isn't supported on CME 10.5.

I didn't find it properly documented but I was testing it using my solarwinds NPM and reading the SNMP response.

Thanks!

I did an snmpwalk from there any found the configuration-related object tree (ccmeConfig), starting with 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.439.1.

Seems that they have removed the ccmeActiveStats tree, which started with 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.439.0.0 in older versions and would give some more useful information worth to check by a monitoring system, i.e. failed registrations.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: