cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNR and mobile voice mail issue

jbrunstein
Level 1
Level 1

I would use SNR to have my IP Phone and my mobile phone ring simultaneously. Everything is setup and works fine except one thing.

If my mobile phone has not taken the call after 20s, it should be connected to the voice mail of the mobile, but the gateway is disconnecting the call.

I've tried with other mobile phones belonging to the french cell providers.

The strange thing is that with SFR and Orange the call is disconnected, but with Bouygues the call is connected to the voice mail of the mobile and that's what i want.

I attach a file with debugging taken on the gateway in both cases.

I use :

CUCM 6.1.2.1000-13

CISCO2821 12.4(22)T configured with H323

I've tried to play with several parameters on the gateway with the different progress indicators on the dial peer and the global commands "voice call something" without success

Any ideas ?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

parshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If you want the SNR call on your mobile to go to the voicemail of you mobile phone, the voicemail should kick in before CUCM disconnects the call.

I think the CFNA timer for cellular providers is different and so if you have Orange or SFR the call is not going to VM but if you have Bouyguess it goes to VM.

There is a timer in CUCM under the device > remote destination.

"Answer Too Late Timer". By default this is 19000 miliseconds. Increase it to say 50,000 or 100,000 and see if then the call goes to VM of the cell phone.

Also, you will have to bear in mind that you will need to incread the CFNA timer in CUCM as well so that the CUCM VM does not kick in before cellular VM. You can play around with that under the directory number page on CUCM. The field you can tweak is "No Answer Ring Duration".

Thanks,

Hello

I've already increased the "Answer Too Late Timer" to a high value and same for "No Answer Ring Duration"

The CFNA timer is the same (20s) for all the 3 french cellular providers.

I think that the issue is in the ISDN signalisation between the gateway and the different cellular providers.

If you look at the attached file, you will see that with SFR and Orange, the gateway receives a "RX <- PROGRESS" with

"Progress Ind i = 0x8081 - Call not end-to-end ISDN, may have in-band info" just before a "RX <- CONNECT". Instead with Bouygues, there is just a "RX < - CONNECT"