Views
Helpful
Replies

SNR Caller ID Issue

fei he
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

I have setup SNR for few user as business requirements and everything works fine except one particular issue - when remote destination called internal DN, the caller ID shows mobile number instead of internal DN.

Internal DN 1 with mobile SNR number. When remote destination called internal DN 2, it shows mobile number instead of internal DN 1.

Any idea how to resolve this?

Fei

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, that depends on what you are getting as CLI and what is configured as SNR destination. 

Seems you have 9 digits mobile numbers, so change the number of digits to 7 (for testing) and see if it makes any difference.

- Vivek

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

If I understood correctly what you are asking, then I believe that it is by design. When SNR module makes an outgoing call, it takes original calling party number by default. However you can use 'Calling Party Transformation CSS' available on RDP to change the CLI if required.

- Vivek

Vivek

Even SNR makes outgoing to internal DN still shows original mobile number by default?

Fei

Hi Fei,

I'm sorry, I didn't get your point. SNR is used to place call only to external number, SNR destination can not be internal DN.

Can you please elaborate your question bit more?

- Vivek

Vivek

Here is the setup - number 0299991111 (DN 1111) has SNR 0434353637. SNR 0434353637 call number 0299992222 (DN 2222), caller ID on DN 2222's phone shows 0424353637 instead of 1111.

Is the work as design?

Fei

Hi Fei,

Thanks for clarification. Yes, you should see 1111 as CLI.

Most probable reason could be CUCM won't be able to match the CLI received with SNR destination. By default, CUCM expects perfect match for CLI received with SNR destination. There is service parameter available to change it to Partial match and then configure the number of digits to be matched.

Can you change that parameter and share the result.

- Vivek

So in this case, I need change service parameter to use Partial match with 4 digits, is that correct?

No, that depends on what you are getting as CLI and what is configured as SNR destination. 

Seems you have 9 digits mobile numbers, so change the number of digits to 7 (for testing) and see if it makes any difference.

- Vivek

Vivek

Thanks for your direction and it did resolve the issue.

I have change Matching Caller ID with Remote Destination to Partial Match

1. Number of Digits for Caller ID Partial Match to 7.

Fei

Hi Fei,

Glad to know I could help you.

As a side note, please keep in mind that since current number of digit is set to 7, any calling number matching with SNR destination from last 7 digits will be considered as internal DN and hence will be displayed CLI as internal DN.

- Vivek

The feature you are looking for is inherited if the caller ID matches the remote destination of called DN. As Vivek mention, make sure that you match the caller ID with Remote Destination

Mo

Vivek's suggestion indeed resolve my issue.

Thank you.

Fei

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: